Anyone else have their G5 DIE?
BENRIC28

Verizon Wireless

ATTN: Correspondence Team

PO Box 5029

Wallingford, CT 06492

After 18 years I’m thinking of dropping Verizon Wireless as our cell carrier.  I cannot believe how ridiculous the warranty process is. Let me explain. 

Purchased a new LG G5 in the middletown CT store May 10th.  June 6th the phone dies and is 100% non responsive.  I waste 2 hours on the phone with support and they offer a refurbished device without a new battery.

The inconvenience alone is shameful. Your rules and such make it hard to get a new device in a timely manner. I want to go into a store and get a NEW phone. Apparently to Kevin the manager this is not possible. 

I’m disgusted with the hardware that was sold to me and then the lasting 26 days before it died…. 

Not having a working device will affect my work this week and cost me MONEY. 

Someone needs to contact me and tell me what I want to hear. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else have their G5 DIE?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Unfortunately the correspondence representatives and others here would only be able to tell you the truth and available options, not what you want to hear.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Best of luck.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

BBack in the day you were forced to send your phone to the manufacturer and either get a loaner phone or be without a phone for several weeks. You still have that option today; otherwise per the warranty you can get a device sooner but it will be a refurbished device. You could also choose to purchase another phone again. Keep in mind your phone is used as well. It's not new.

Tidbits
Legend

I have been around phones since the 80's and what he said is true.  Back in the day even if the phones were branded you had to deal with the manufacturer.  Carriers then started becoming middle men and help manufacturers with their warranty process.  Also you never got a new device from a store.  It was a refurbished unless they didn't have a refurbished in stock.

Anyway best of luck to you.  If you go to any other carrier the same thing, and even manufacturers if you bought directly from them is the same thing.  If this is about "principle" then I suggest you never buy a lot of electronic products ever again.

BENRIC28

within the 30 days, (26 days). It's considered a Lemon.  A new device is warranted.  If it was 10 months old, ya i'd accept a refurbed.  im not talking about the 80's 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's 14 days not 30 unless you live in California, Rhode Island, and I forget one other state, and Connecticut isn't that state I used to live there.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

BENRIC28 wrote:

im not talking about the 80's 

He said "Back in the day"  not present tense so to tell him to fact check what happened back in the day.  the 80's were back in the day. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
BENRIC28

You sound like an entry level tech support CS REPs. 

I had a simple question, if anyone had a similar issue with a dead G5. 

Your semantics aren't helpful at all. Don't really care for what you have to say.

Start your own thread if you want to discuss 80's lunch box phones.  My first verzion phone was Qualcomm 820, Anytime i've had any issues, Verizon (BAM) took care of it. Now its simply not the case.

I own a Audio Video Company and know all about warranties and electronics. 

If you accept that fact that a $650 phone is not supposed to last longer then 14/30 days then wow. Your expectations are really up there. lol

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I do not work for Verizon. I deal with a lot of electronics since the 80s however. Just speaking from personal experience and what I have dealt with. 

Good luck to you.

Just Google Search LG Bootloop G4. Doesn't matter the carrier or what part of the world. Maybe you should bring it up with LG.

0 Likes