Apps won't update
SStott

Since my phone did a system updates last week my apps can not update.  It does not matter if I I'm connected to my home WiFi, work WiFi, public WiFi, or have Wi-Fi shut off.  It stays stuck on "download pending".  Help! The updates are piling up! How can I fix this issue?

I have an LG G5.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Apps won't update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, SStott.

Let's look into getting this resolved for you. What steps have you taken towards resolving this? Have you powered your device off and on? Have you tried a Factory Data Reset?

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SStott

I have restarted my phone numerous times.  I have not done a factory data reset yet. I have questions about that.

Is that different from a factory reset? 

What will I lose from my phone if I do a factory data reset?  I have pictures that are not on the Cloud because my cloud is full and I don't want to pay for more storage.

Why would I need to do that?  I have never needed to before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your quick response, SSTott.

A Factory reset and a Factory Data Reset are the same process. Is your device backed up? Have you tried Verizon Cloud?

TabithaJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SStott

I am currently trying to clear out space on my Cloud.  I really do not want to do a factory reset if I do not have to.  All I did is the update from Verizon.  I should not have to reset my phone because of this.  Is there any other solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SStott,

I certainly understand your concern, however, completing the factory reset could reset the update and rectify the situation. We certainly want to make sure that you have backed up your content before you do so.

NicoleT_VZW

0 Likes
SStott

I have all my photos and videos I want backed up on the Cloud.  I temporarily added space to do so since it won't let me delete some photos because they were supposedly deleted somewhere else.  I have never had this be an issue before.  Why now?  I am very hesitant to do this.  What if I do the reset and it still doesn't work?  Then what?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SStott,

In 9 out of 10 cases the Factory Reset does work. Now let's say in your case it does not. We would have several options, one of those would be to look at replacement. If your device is still covered under warranty we would send you out a warranty replacement. If the phone is damaged we would have to go through insurance. First we have to take it one step at a time.

NicoleT_VZW

0 Likes
SStott

I am going to try it.  I hope It works...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SStott,

We want to ensure you are able to update your applications. Please let us know if you continue having the same issue after completing the last step. Thank you in advance.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes