Battery drain from rural 5G
SamuelK2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello I have the LG Thinq 5G, love the device, but I live in a rural area and using 5G is not any faster than 4G LTE. It is a lose-lose situation because 5G drains my battery. How do I change my network settings to only use 4G? I have read many threads and do not see the option on Verizon devices.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Battery drain from rural 5G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to get your device to perform the way you need it to. Are you able to change the network mode from Global to LTE/CDMA?

PeterP-VZW

0 Likes
SamuelK2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! I am able to switch it yes. I am still seeing 5G in my notification bar in the top right corner of the screen. Is this correct? Is this how it should look?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It should still look for the best available signal, SamuelK2. Has your service improved? You should also make sure to have roaming active to provide you the best available service. Let me know if this works for you. 
 JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
SamuelK2
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is not service. The problem is my battery drain from 5G. I need to know how to switch to 4G and I have been unable to via LTE/CDMA. ny connection goes back to 5G after I switch the network settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Is your device the LG V50 or the LG V60, SamuelK2?

0 Likes
SamuelK2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is the LG V60 5G device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Right now, is the Battery saver set at Off, Extended, or Maximum?

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-230027/

0 Likes
SamuelK2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its on Extended mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamuelK2 Are you asking why your battery is draining? What is the make/model of your phone? Please make sure data and cellular roaming are both on.

0 Likes