Battery draining at an alarming rate!
Mcrobin

LG G3 Android 6.0 update on 2/19, battery has been draining at 1% / minute. have tried: battery saver, battery doctor, cleared caches, dimmed screen brightness, no apps running in background, etc. etc.  Phone is almost useless now and i'm ready to throw it out the window!!  Went to Verizon store yesterday, but they were of no help, just kept loading 'battery saving' apps onto my phone -- none of which helped! Any advice???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Battery draining at an alarming rate!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate you reaching out to us Mcrobin. This type of experience would have me just as concerned too. While there can be an adjustment period after installing a new OS, while all syncs together; let's do all we can to help get your phone working normally. 

By chance, have you tried testing your phone in safe mode to see if battery life is improved? This can help verify if some of the issues are app based due to not being optimized for Marshmallow.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112843/

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mcrobin

how do i do that? and how long should i run in 'saver mode'?

0 Likes
Mcrobin

Found Safe Mode, been running in that for @2 hours, no difference.  Moved around screens, made call, NO internet or wifi used, still draining at 1% / minute!!!  before Android update, i was able to run High Accuracy Location with my GPS app going for @ 2 hours and the battery would only drain @10% with both those running!!  This is really ridiculous.  Doing only basic things and my phone would be dead in 90mins!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate you following up with us, Mcrobin. Were you able to access the link I provided to view the steps on how to access Safe Mode?

I would run Safe Mode for a day and just use your phone like normal. This way you can see if there is a noticeable improvement.

If it is still about the same, I always recommend performing a backup of your phone's content, and then doing a master reset. This is a great step to take after any OS update.

Just be sure to not use Google's Auto Recovery feature when setting up your phone. This will reinstall previously installed apps, and may cause the issue to start up again.

It is always best to test your phone stock, in order to see how battery life functions. Then install an app or two at a time, to compare.

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mcrobin, I appreciate you performing that step to test out. Outside of your phone and OS stabilizing, your phone will likely benefit from the next suggested steps I recommended: the master reset.

This step is recommended after every OS update. The issue you are experiencing is not common. The severity of it is likely software based due to an app that may not be optimized for Marshmallow.

Please utilize the reset and test your device stock to see how it reacts.

Thank you again, Mcrobin.

http://spr.ly/6587Bjq1J

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
Mcrobin

did a factory reset yesterday. only a very, very slight improvement. battery still draining much faster than it ever did before the Android 6 update.  ALTHO I did not know to make sure that Automatic Restore was NOT on.  Should I turn that off and do another factory reset??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mcrobin, I appreciate you keeping us up to date and thanks for trying those steps for us. No need for another factory reset and you don't have to adjust the Automatic Restore feature. Did you re-donwload any of the previous apps you had before the factory reset?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes