Battery life not reporting correctly with VS98729A update
joeg829
Enthusiast - Level 2

After updating my LG G5 recently, I notice the battery life is not reporting correctly.  I was using the phone with about 40% battery remaining, after 5 minutes of browsing, it was down to 5%.  Without charging overnight the battery life was at 3%.  This is not a battery issue, I really think it is software related as I had something similar after updating another device.

Verizon and LG, please fix this issue.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Battery life not reporting correctly with VS98729A update
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

I'm so sorry to hear about the battery issues you've been having. I know it's extremely important that you have a device that can keep a sufficient battery life. Let's get to the bottom of this. Have you adjusted any settings on your phone since the software update? Are you using the original charger that came with the phone?

0 Likes
joeg829
Enthusiast - Level 2

Juan: No changes to settings and no new apps installed.  Currently the battery usage is indicating 24% on phone idle and 11% on the Android system, other apps are at 1% or 2%.  Yesterday, just taking photos and viewing a few websites, the battery level dropped 50% in about 45 minutes, then about a 5% drop over the next 9 hours.

Yes original charger and Verizon fast-charge car charger.

I had this happen to another device a few years ago after an update.  Soon afterwards there was a new update to fix the battery reporting issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joeg829, thank you for updating us on your progress. While the G5 has not had any battery reporting issues noted since the update, obviously this is not what you are experiencing. Therefore, let's check some settings. When going to the Settings, Battery, is the Battery Saver on or off? Is the Game Optimizer on or off? When clicking Battery Usage, what is the screen set to for brightness and time out?

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
joeg829
Enthusiast - Level 2

Battery Saver on or off? - On

Is the Game Optimizer on or off? - Off (I do not play games or watch videos)

When clicking Battery Usage, what is the screen set to for brightness and time out? - 70%, 30 seconds.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joeg829, thank you for providing us with these additional details. Let’s continue to work on this. We understand how important it is to make sure your device battery is working as it should. Can you please clarify if there is any physical damage to your device or screen? Also, please follow this link to run a device health check http://vz.to/2scc05m. Please share your results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes