Bluetooth Audio Fades
NVRicochet3006
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have a 2012 Passat.  My previous cell, iPhone 4, had zero Bluetooth audio issues.  The G3 audio fades out to the point I can't hear the other line.  The retailer replaced the phone.  That didn't work.  So they did a factory reset on this second phone. Still have the issue.  I've tried removing my pairing and re-pairing.  I've tried with WiFi on and off.  Its pretty much useless on the Bluetooth so now I turn that off and use the speaker, which is difficult to hear so I have to hold the phone close.  So much for hands free safety.  Any suggestions Verizon?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Audio Fades
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want you to fully enjoy your wireless experience NVRicochet3006! While Bluetooth technology is widely used to connect different devices, not all Bluetooth profiles are fully compatible. Being that a factory reset and a replacement have not resolved the issue, I recommend contacting your car manufacturer to confirm full compatibility with your phone. If your phone is not listed with them as fully compatible, it may not be possible to improve the Bluetooth experience you are currently having.  AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the ""Correct Answer"" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Audio Fades
NVRicochet3006
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called support and they were determined that this was being caused by a 3rd party app that I had installed.  Fine, I'll play along and factory reset my G3 once again!  Make sure the Automatic restore option is not selected before doing this.  This was a few weeks ago and I was told to give it a few days before adding any apps.  Sure enough, no more echo.  So I re-installed FACEBOOK.  Still no problems.  A day or two passes and the issue came back.  Since I was told to install one app at a time and test I had not re-installed PANDORA and had been using the SLACKER app that came pre-installed on the G3.  I noticed that the Slacker app icon had changed, and that an update was pushed to my phone for this.  I uninstalled the SLACKER update and instantly the issue vanished.  This can be done from Settings > Application Manager, then select the app and uninstall updates.  My suggestion for those having G3 issues, factory reset and turn off Auto-update apps under Play Store > Settings.  Take control of these and install them manually from Play Store > My apps.  Give each update a few days before updating the next, this way you know which is the culprit when issues come back.  Hopefully this helps someone here.  It's sure frustrating when WE have to figure out the issues for a company this size.

0 Likes