Bluetooth audio metadata not working
americannight

Song title and artist info will not stream via bluetooth.  The audio is fine but the metadata won't stream.  I just went from an HTC droid DNA running Jelly Bean to this LG G3 running android 4.4.2.  The old android worked fine but a quick google search reveals this is a widespread issue with 4.4.2 but I haven't found a fix.  This seems to be an issue with 4.4.2's ability to stream the AVRCP metadata.  Does Verizon have a fix for this.  Please help, I want my metadata to appear on my car stereo again.

Here is a link to another online forum where this is being discussed:

AVRCP Metadata not submitting via Bluetooth. | LG G3 | XDA Forums

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth audio metadata not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the position you are in, as this is an issue that can be a detriment. Currently we do not have any info as to future software updates. While we do not support the service menus, the best authority on them would be the manufacturer LG. Please reach out to them, as they may have more info on possible (if any) changes that might be made to it, that will allow your metadata to stream seamlessly. They can be reached at www.lg.com/us/support We definitely want you to have a fully working device. Keep us posted!

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your having issues with the bluetooth audio on your device americannight. Are you using a 3rd party music or video application to stream data? If so, please remove the app and reinstall it. Some software may also not be compatible with your current software on the phone. You can try a factory reset but make sure you back up your data first and please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
americannight

The metadata won't stream with either Pandora or Plex.  The on board music player streams the metadata but neither of the third party apps I've tried.  Reinstalling does not change the result.  Seems lots of other users also reporting that spotify won't stream the metadata.  Is it possible to get into the services menu to verify that AVRCP 1.3 is running?  The more I use the G3 phone, the more I run into bugs that are down right annoying.  Tried to watch a movie with Flixter and it kept crashing after a couple minutes into the movie.  My Droid DNA running Jelly Bean was rock solid except for it would get SIM card errors and require periodic reboot.  This is a known issue with the DNA.  I've been through two DNA's and two SIM cards trying to fix that problem and it's just inherent in the phone.  I was excited to finally replace it and get a current generation phone.  However, if this G3 is just too buggy I may need to go back to the DNA and/or request a Galaxy S5 instead.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the position you are in, as this is an issue that can be a detriment. Currently we do not have any info as to future software updates. While we do not support the service menus, the best authority on them would be the manufacturer LG. Please reach out to them, as they may have more info on possible (if any) changes that might be made to it, that will allow your metadata to stream seamlessly. They can be reached at www.lg.com/us/support We definitely want you to have a fully working device. Keep us posted!

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes