Bluetooth queries for LG G3
jeraldo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got an LG G3 and 2 questions arise regarding operation of bluetooth in connection with hands-free bluetooth system in 2012 Subaru Impreza (i.e., lousy bluetooth software).

1.  Is it possible to disable the music auto-start when bluetooth first connects to the car?  (I don't want to disable the possibility of connecting the music, which is easy to do -- just to stop it from starting up automatically).

2.  Despite using the bluetooth/hands-free system in my car, the phone wouldn't allow me to answer an incoming call when I was already on a call, even though I was using the on-steering wheel controls.  I did not have driver mode turned on.  Any guidance?

Thanks,

Jerry

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth queries for LG G3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Jeraldo! After checking my resources, I see that your Bluetooth functions are working as designed and we cannot make changes. However, being that Android devices are highly customizable, you may be able to make some modifications with 3rd party applications. Please note that we do not support third party applications and we cannot make any recommendations for them.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeraldo,

Great questions. Which music app does the device auto start when connected to bluetooth? In regards to not allowing you to answer when already on a call, do you receive an error message or a recording when trying to answer? Do both of these things happen when connecting to another car or bluetooth device?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jeraldo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear VZW CS, it starts up the default Android music player (i.e., not Google app but the built-in one).  This happened with my previous phone too (an HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile) -- seems to be Android-related rather than app-specific as, with the old phone, when I installed a podcast player app, it started that app whereas it had been starting the default music player app.

As for the telephone, I was on a call over the hands-free bluetooth system in the car; another call came in (I have call-waiting) but a message popped up on the screen that I couldn't perform that operation while driving.  Don't know if that happens with another car -- it worked fine last week in a rental car I had but didn't have the situation arise of a second call coming in while on another one.

Can I disable the driver-mode function?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Jeraldo! After checking my resources, I see that your Bluetooth functions are working as designed and we cannot make changes. However, being that Android devices are highly customizable, you may be able to make some modifications with 3rd party applications. Please note that we do not support third party applications and we cannot make any recommendations for them.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
jeraldo
Enthusiast - Level 2

" After checking my resources, I see that your Bluetooth functions are working as designed and we cannot make changes. "  I'm not sure which resources you are consulting but the bluetooth system is actually designed to be used while driving, to avoid having to handle the phone while driving so it is not working properly.  I had no such problems with prior phone, on T-Mobile, so I have to believe it is a VZW-related issue.

Does anyone have a clue?