Call received when on airplane mode LGv20
Sgarsena

I was travelling, had my phone on airplane mode and wi-fi calling. When I was not logged on to wi-fi I received calls on my phone. Also, my calls when I am making an wif-fi call and on airplane mode are shown on my Verizon account. As I understand it when you are on Airplane mode you are not connected to the Verizon network. Why would this be happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call received when on airplane mode LGv20
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure you are aware of the process when making calls at anytime. With regard to how calls are recorded on your account it would not matter if you are in airplane mode or not. All calls are recorded because your number is used to make those calls during the connection. Were you charged for any calls during this time while in airplane mode?

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Sgarsena

Yes,

Four of the calls when not connected to a wifi network were charged. As I understand it the calls should not be coming through when on Airplane Mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, that is correct the device while in airplane mode should not connect. Where those calls answered at that time? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Sgarsena

Yes, because I didn't notice that they were not on wifi calling as I assumed the no call would come through if on airplane mode and not connected to wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would need to review the account and see what mode your device was in at that time. Please send a private message for additional review of your account. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Sgarsena

I did receive a refund of the calls as I was definitely in airplane mode. There were several calls that were received and made before, in between and after those calls. It was when the wifi signal dropped that the problem occurred. I am trying to find out what to do if this happens again because there seems to be a problem with airplane mode on the LG V20. Even if the wifi drops I should not be receiving calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand how concerning that would be. Airplane mode should be disabling all cellular service to the device. Is this the first time you've experienced this in Airplane mode?  BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Sgarsena

Yes this is the first time this has happened.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to figure this out together! Would you be using Wi-Fi Calling while on Airplane Mode? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes