Can I go back to KitKit so my notifications will work with Wifi?
gungadinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since Lollipop, my notifications don't come in on WiFi and using WiFi stinks...loading webpages or using Facebook or Twitter or downloading apps takes forever.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I go back to KitKit so my notifications will work with Wifi?
Snn5
Legend
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
gungadinn,

We can understand your concern about wanting to go back to a previous software if the newer one received is not functioning properly. Unfortunately, there is not a way to reverse an update once it has been downloaded. Have you tried any trouble shooting on your device yet since the update has been done?

ChristinaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gungadinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done many different things including wiping my phone, switching from 2Ghz to 5Ghz on my wifi, forgetting wifi networks, trying a different LG G3...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
gungadinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just download it? What am I supposed to do with it or is it automatic?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Just download and install and open.  It changes your DNS to Google in and out instead of your router in and Google out.  That's where the G3 problem lies...in the ipv6 router issue with lollipop.  Just try it and see if wifi works.

krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon support is not telling the truth to you. You can contact LG and they will downgrade you to Kit Kat because they know their Lollipop software is messed up royally.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How is it that LG will downgrade?  What's the process?  Does this involve sending the phone to LG under warranty, where to and/or from shipping is charged to the customer?  Even if so, the update would re-install within days automatically.  And, you would be the first to mention this as an option.

0 Likes
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

I did a chat with LG support because of this issue of notifications not working on wifi and they gave me the option to be downgraded to Kit Kat. I'm sure they would need you to send the phone in. I don't know about it upgrading right back to Lollipop though. That's something you would have to work out with them. They realize they screwed up on this Lollipop update if you get lucky and talk to the correct support person on chat. Good luck!

0 Likes
gungadinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Works like a charm! Thanks so much! How come this isn't documented anywhere as a fix?