Can Verizon pull photos off a deactivated old lg flip phone that does not have USB settings to change
vikbmart

I have been reading all kinds of old posts on different platforms and have tried various download software options with no luck. I have a true data transfer USB cable but the computer will not recognize the old phone. I can connect it via blue tooth to either the computer or a new phone but have no options to then access photos. I cannot connect it from the old phone to the new phone via data cable as the software on the old phone is too old for sync. Essentially, there is no menu option in the old phone to tell the phone to allow a USB connection to permit data transfer. There is no sim card. The only menu options for sharing photos is to text message them or send them to an online album but the phone is deactivated. So if I take this old phone into a Verizon store is there anything they can do to temporarily activate it to get the photos to an online album or is that feature, like the phone, out of date? Just don't want to waste my time going to a store if this is not possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can Verizon pull photos off a deactivated old lg flip phone that
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful screenshots, vikbmart. We did review data transfer options for this device and found this device does not support any data transfer. We'd like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. -Danielle

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, vikbmart. I know how important it is to recover old photos and I'm happy to help. By chance, can you confirm the make and model of your LG phone? May I ask if you are able to share any photos of what you're seeing on the LG phone? -Lorenzo

0 Likes
vikbmart

Thank you. I think it is a vx5600. It is my father-in-law's phone and they did not think to retrieve the photos before deactivating it. He has 72 photos on it. I'm attaching some screenshots of the phone info as well as the menus associated with the photos. Please let me know if there are other photos I should send of other menus.

20220202_130719.jpg

20220202_130810.jpg

  

20220202_130831.jpg

20220202_130842.jpg

20220202_130857.jpg

20220202_130907.jpg

20220202_130942.jpg

20220202_130949.jpg

20220202_130958.jpg

20220202_131006.jpg

   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful screenshots, vikbmart. We did review data transfer options for this device and found this device does not support any data transfer. We'd like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. -Danielle

0 Likes
vikbmart

I appreciate you looking into this! 

0 Likes