Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can't Transfer Music from phone to PC
Yofish4fun
Novice

Up until this week, I have been able to transfer music from my G3 to my PC. Here are the steps I do:

1. Go to settings, click on 'storage'. Click 3 dots in upper right hand corner, tap USB PC connection, choose  Media Sync (MTP)

2. Plus USB cord from VZW charger that came with phone into the PC and phone.

3. Click start on PC. Choose computer. Choose VS985

4. I have several folders listed but most of my music was located in the DCIM folder, then the 100Medic subfolder. When I clicked that folder earlier this week when the problem started, nothing showed up. Today, few of the videos on my phone are now in that folder however still no music.

5. I have several folders with 'music' in the title. Some of them contain some music from the phone but only a few. I have @ least 600 songs, only about 40 or less are showing in all the folders combined.

I called LG today to ask what is going on; they had no clue. They asked if I have done any updates on the phone or have downloaded any third party apps recently. I have to both but my last download of another app; my music was still being able to be pulled up.  I don't want to lose all these songs. Can someone give me some help as to how to handle? I have tried to transfer from my PC as well as my father's PC which is brand new; only few months old.

Thanks,

YB

Labels (1)
0 Likes