Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't get my Jawbone UP3 to sync since the update to Marshmallow

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't get my Jawbone UP3 to sync since the update to Marshmallow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Prweaver2, we know that it's super important for you to continue tracking your steps and daily activity on your Jawbone  UP3 and device. With the latest OS update to Marshmallow, it is very likely that the bluetooth stack version was updated as well.

Please, uninstall the Jawbone application on your device, then reinstall the application. After those steps are completed, let's attempt to update your Jawbone UP3's software. This link will show you have to update the Jawbone UP3. http://bit.ly/1SVX4BT

Please let us know if this fixes the syncing issue.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Rudiaris

Having the same problem with my Basis Peak and my Garmin Vivoactive.  It makes me wonder if there is a Bluetooth low energy problem with this update as it appears that more than one brand of fitness tracker is having issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Prweaver2, we know that it's super important for you to continue tracking your steps and daily activity on your Jawbone  UP3 and device. With the latest OS update to Marshmallow, it is very likely that the bluetooth stack version was updated as well.

Please, uninstall the Jawbone application on your device, then reinstall the application. After those steps are completed, let's attempt to update your Jawbone UP3's software. This link will show you have to update the Jawbone UP3. http://bit.ly/1SVX4BT

Please let us know if this fixes the syncing issue.

KatrinaN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
prweaver2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This did not fix my issue. I had already tried uninstalling and

reinstalling the app without success, but I tried again as you said to do

in your email with still no success. It works with my Ellipsis tablet, and

was working with my LG G3 phone until that update to marshmallow.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are still not able to pair your Jawbone UP3 to your phone after the update. Let's keep working and get this solved. Have you been able to sync any other Bluetooth accessories? Do you receive any error messages?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
wako
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Jawbone UP3 also will no longer connect to my LG G3 after the upgrade to Marshmallow.  Has anyone been able to solve this problem?  Ugh!

0 Likes
prweaver2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing I have tried so far has worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all your efforts, prweaver2. Please give the steps at https://jawbone.com/support/articles/000005246/troubleshoot-syncing-up3 a try to re-initiate the sync between the devices.If that continues to cause trouble and the Jawbone3 is the only Bluetooth accessory you're having trouble pairing your phone with, please reach out to Jawbone's support directly at https://help.jawbone.com/contact for assistance with the device.

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lexarider
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues since the update, however my bluetooth device is not a jawbone, SO this is not a bluetooth device issue, this is a Marshmallow update issue.  I use two different bluetooth devices, a Wahoo TICKR and an InterChange for fitness apps, and they will connect for a period that lasts about 30 seconds, and then drops the connection.  I've tried these devices with more than one app, and experience the same issue.  My husband also has an LG G3, however did not allow the installation of the system update, and is having no troubles pairing my bluetooth devices on his phone.  I've contacted technical support with the app providers, and they indicate they are having major complaints from users experiencing the same issues, but are also unable to provide a solution...why can't anyone figure out what is going on?  Personally, I have also checked all permissions on my apps to grant access, I've uninstalled the apps and reinstalled them, and also disconnected my bluetooth devices and re-paired, while having no luck.  This has been going on now for two weeks, and is to tally frustrating to not be able to get the matter resolved.  I have set back and watched your forums, and it appears there are many people experiencing this trouble.  I spoke earlier in the week to a Level 2 tech support individual at Verizon, who was also unable to assist and provided me with an application to check my hardware.  That did not work either.  I hope this is not an ongoing problem for much longer, because it is presenting a huge inconvenience!

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are not giving up lexarider. Software updates should improve your phones functionality. We will find the culprit and figure out what is happening here. What exactly happens when you try to pair your phone and try to sync your device? When was the update done to your phone? Do you receive any error message? 

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes