Can voice commands work with bluetooth earpiece?
Luaned

I have a bluetooth ear piece that I have connected to my LG 3G.  Can I use the Voice Command app without touching my phone first?  I did get it to work by touching Voice Command icon and then say "phone MIKE" and it worked but want to be able to do it while driving and not have to touch my phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can voice commands work with bluetooth earpiece?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The only way I can think that it could be done is if you have Car Mode. I have it on the S5 and I want to say you can speak to it. However I think it still hears you through the phone and then you just talk through the earpiece once the call is made. I don't know of a way to wake the phone with the earpiece; for instance if your phone was in the other room.

0 Likes
Luaned

No Car Mode that I know of.  The phone is new to me so still exploring.  Just trying to do most things with the phone while driving that would not make me look at the phone and be distracted.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You may need to download a third party app. Or see if your phone will sync with your cars bluetooth if available. There should be plenty of forums perhaps inside Verizon and outside on good driving mode apps. I found one called "car dashdroid" just research each one and see what might be good for you.

Also keep in mind that your earpiece would also need to be awake in order to do what you want to do. It's only on when a phone call is made, you use some voice recording perhaps, maybe even voice text. That's because the app wakes it.

0 Likes