Cannot connect to the verizon network
dancori1

I got a Fossil Gen 5 LTE Smartwatch and I am not able to connect it to the verizon network.   I have been chatting with Verizon, Fossil, and Google for the last 3 months and still no answers. 

I simply do not have the Connect to Verizon Network option on the WearOS app. I dont know how hard that is for anyone to understand.

According to both Verizon and Google my phone is compatible. I have an LG V20.

I just need my smartwatch on the verizon network.   Why do I have to go through the Dumb WearOS app?  Why cant Verizon have some other way to provision it?  This has been very frustrating to say the least.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot connect to the verizon network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dancori1, we are sorry to hear about the troubles you have encountered with activating your Fossil Gen 5 LTE Smartwatch. Allow us the opportunity to review the details. Where was the Watch purchased? What happens when you try to activate it? 

Please follow this link https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-235192/ to view the activation steps. -Sylvia

0 Likes
dancori1

The watch was purchased through the verizon website.  I can get through the entire setup and it doesnt ask to connect to the verizon network. I go into the WearOS app on my phone and the connect to verzion Network is not there either. 

I bought this watch for the LTE option.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the insigths and would like to help as soon as possible. Please send us a Private Note, so we can take a closer look.

~Maria

0 Likes
6891Adamb

Screenshot_20220305-180104_Wear OS by Google.jpg

Screenshot_20220305-180113_Wear OS by Google.jpg

0 Likes
6891Adamb

It gives me that error everytime I try to connect, I have the same watch and purchased from the Verizon app store

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@6891Adamb wrote:

It gives me that error everytime I try to connect, I have the same watch and purchased from the Verizon app store

Maybe the original poster, @dancori1 or @vzw_customer_support can explain what was found via their 'private notes' to resolve (if fixed) the issue?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too and we'er here to help you in any way we can.

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems connecting to the Verizon network. Let's work together to get this resolved. How long has this been happening? What's the make.model of your device? 

Have there been any recent changes with your Device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) Please reboot your device while we're troubleshooting together. Thanks!

-Robert C.

0 Likes