Clear the cache?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Could someone post the instructions on how to clear the cache on the LG G3?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Clear the cache?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
sprmankalel, your wish is our command! Just click here for the steps: http://vz.to/1O3eF9a

For more device support, click http://vz.to/1kDL3MI

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're referring to a system cache clear, according to this link:  How to clear the cache on the LG G3 - AndroidPIT

the steps are:

• Tap Apps
  • Tap Settings
  • Select the General tab
  • Tap Storage
  • Wait for the menu options to finish doing their sums
  • Tap Cached Data
  • Tap OK
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Thank you. I wasn't looking to clear the internet cache.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I did that. We'll see how it helps, if at all. It was .73GB

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Clearing the internet cache is to clear Chromes cache and the history deleted within the app settings itself.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Also, check for folders left behind from uninstalled apps on the internal and external cards from within File Manager.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Where exactly do I look for this? I am very familiar with the File Manager and how to navigate it. Mostly, what folder am I looking to clear out as there is no Apps folder and there is not a folder for each app.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You're in the right spot, but I have noticed a lot of the time that when some 3rd party apps are uninstalled, they leave folders behind, usually with the name of the app as the name of the folder.  It's just an extra bit of space you might free up, and old useless data that can be purged.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Oh. Nothing like that. I always uninstall from the Play Store. Seems to clear everything properly.