Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cracked Screen Repair for $29 LG
DCowley

I was told when I signed up for Verizon that I would get cracked screen repair for $29 as long as I signed up for the insurance. A could months ago, my screen was cracked so I was very relieved knowing I have $29 screen repairs. I attempted to file a claim, but the deductible was $199. I called Verizon/Asurion to try to figure out what I was doing wrong. I was told that the deductible could be higher if they do not have the parts for me phone in stock and that I could try back in 3 days to see if the parts came in. I've been checking back for several months now and my deductible has not changed to the $29. I'm confused on why i was told I would get $29 screen repairs if I wouldn't actually be able to get it for that price. I called a local screen repair company and they're able to get the parts in next week. Why isn't Asurion able to direct me to a place where I can use my insurance? There are places that can fix my phone locally.

Re: Cracked Screen Repair for $29 LG
Tigerstep

LG isn't as popular as Samsung or Apple. Asurion is only going to keep stock of current/popular model screens. If it's been months, it's not happening. At this point, I'd personally drop insurance and go to a repair shop if the phone is worth the cost.

As someone who used to use an $800 LG V30 before switching to a Samsung S20, I was disappointed how fast in value that phone tanked. Definitely not going LG again.

0 Likes
DMathews1
Novice

Let me try to actually offer you help rather than telling you you're out of luck! - -Some people do that for some reason.

If you don't get satisfaction at the first point of contact with Assurion, ask for their manager; and if that manager doesn't satisfy you, ask for his/her manager.  You "will ultimately get what's been promised to you"....  Anything short of that is simply garbage!!!   Good Luck!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused, DCowley. Our goal is to provide you with accurate information and for you to have a working phone. The deductible for insurance claims may vary depending on your device and eligibility. You can review the terms and conditions for our device protection using this link. http://spr.ly/6602G2CMo Please refer to the 'Deductibles' section for more details. 

In this situation, we recommend reaching out to Asurion directly for a second opinion on eligibility and repair availability using this link. http://spr.ly/6603G2CMU I'm confident they will be able to assist you further.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
jjv241

The insurance coverage becomes a scam after the phone is one year old.

Asurion/Verizon refused to replace my Samsung S9+ screen for $29 because their was a scratch on the back of the phone.  

They required that I pay a $200 deductible for a new phone BUT they could not guarantee the phone to be new.  

I can get used S9+'s off of Ebay or Amazon for less that $200 without paying the $15 per month insurance.

This is a scam.  Verizon advertises screen repair for $29, then denies it & then charges you a deductible that is more that the cost of a used phone in the market.  

I just cancelled insurance on all four of my lines.  Outrageous.

Molsenice

This is totally false.

Verizon insurance is a scam.

Asurion refused to help

I was on phone w Verizon 1 HR 50 min and got no where

0 Likes
Molsenice

There really needs to be a class action lawsuit

0 Likes
CLyons1306

I am currently going through the same issue for about a month. They claim they don't have the parts for repair and the only option they can give me is the $199.00 replacement. I advised them that tis was unacceptable and they advised me I would need to take this up with verizon. Verizon stated that it was not them and assurion was at fault. This is 100% unacceptable.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

CLyons1306 I'm sorry you are not happy with the results provided by Asurion. I realize you don't want to pay the deductible but that is part of the insurance. If you consider the option of having to buy a new phone, it's great. 

I'm confident if they could repair the phone without replacing it, they would.

0 Likes
Daniellelacie31

I just tried to do this same thing.. repair a cracked screen with the $29 deductible. It came back asking for $199 for new device replacement. Our phones are different but when one of the questions asked me if "making and receiving calls or texts are affected" I answered "yes" only because where the screen is cracked, it covers the keys beneath a certain portion of the screen and that's where the answer key and keyboard is. All the keys are operable, just can't see them lol so I went back and redid the claim but selected "no calls or texts are affected" and it worked.. it gave me the option to do both the $29 repair deductible or $199 replacement deductible. Not sure if you tried that but if not, it's worth a shot! If still nothing, order a replacement on Amazon or ebay and a local shop should put it on for you.. the parts for my phone were $30-35. Hope this helps.. not sure how old this post is either so I'll also say hopefully you have had it handled 🙂

0 Likes