Re: Did anyone else just get a OTA update 11-11-16 LG G3?
IAmJustSomeGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details docknibbs. Did this start right after the software update? Have you tried removing the SIM card for a few minutes and retesting?

You can also try resetting the network settings http://vz.to/2fW0YwS to refresh the connection. Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
docknibbs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got a new sim card and the new sim card seems to have solved the sim card problem.  The memory card I tried a new card and no help.  It keeps randomly mounting and unmounting the card.

0 Likes
jdalewood
Enthusiast - Level 2

No more issues with texts.  Still getting multiple instances daily of SD card unmounting. Works for a little while after restart, then unmounts. SD card is good, tested it in multiple devices. Never had any problems with SD card until immediately after update.

0 Likes
docknibbs
Enthusiast - Level 3

jdalewood, I too have multiple spontaneous mount/unmounts.  From what I can tell everyone who tried different cards, reformatting their cards, formatting on a computer, deep format, different format type, then put back in phone, nothing worked.  Folks tried root, no root, even factory reset, etc no help.  This has to be a software issue after the update.

Do you think if we shared a list of apps that are NOT stock verizon apps that we might find a common thread?  Can someone from VZW tell us how to roll back or do other testing with us?

0 Likes
IAmJustSomeGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Based on some research I've come across, it may be a hardware issue that

happened at the same time as the software update. It seems that if the

phone gets hot the solder on the micro sd slot can melt and the phone no

longer can read the card. My phone updates in the middle of the night so I

don't know how hot it got, but I'm wondering if it warmed up enough during

the update to melt the solder and make the micro sd slot unusable.

The phone still works well, but I'm thinking it may be time to start

looking for the next phone. From what I've read soon after the sd card

problems comes screen flicker and then complete screen loss. It just sucks

I missed the black Friday/cyber Monday deals.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

docknibbs

Software updates are supposed to make your phone more enjoyable. I'm sorry to read that you are still having issues with the SD card. I'd like to take a closer look at your device to see what is happening. Can you please reach out with us on Twitter (@VZWSupport) in a DM or through a private message on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/verizon) so we can provide more personalized support?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
docknibbs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you help me with this?  I don't twitter or facebook and everyone here deserves to know the answer too.

0 Likes
AdobeFX

docknibbs,

I had a similar problem with the SD card mounting and unmounting after an earlier update and this seemed to help me.

1. I had to copy everything off the SD card in to a new folder somewhere on your computer for safe keeping.
  2. Reformat the SD card.
  3. Copy everything back on to the SD card.
  4. With the phone powered off, put the SD card all the way in the slot.
  5. Power on your phone.

Hopefully it will work for you too!

0 Likes
jdalewood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I formatted my SD card on my computer, then put it in my phone (while powered off), powered back on and it wanted me to format/set up the SD card on the phone. I did that and it was reading the card.  I then shut down, took out the SD card and loaded files (mp3) on it on my computer. Took it out, put it back in my phone. It read the card when I powered up, could see the files. Then it started the mounting/unmounting again and every few minutes it says it's reading the card, then it was unexpectedly removed...

0 Likes