Does the LG G4 have an equivalent to "Hi Galaxy" or "Hi Google?"
lzeitz

I just got my LG G4 in the last week and have setup most things, but having upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S3, I am attempting to find the equivalent of the "Hi Galaxy" (or "Hi Google" on the Samsung Galaxy S6).

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G4 Equivalent of "Hi Galaxy" or "Hi Google"
Tidbits
Legend

Turn off voice mate

Open the Google settings app and go to voice.

From there you should have option to train "OK Google" and use it on any screen.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you can stay productive on the go is key! Izeitz, the G4 has an equivelant service feature called Voice Mate, which works very similarly. You also have the ability to use Google Now as well if you prefer!

To access Voice Mate, Tap your Home Button> Then Apps> LG Folder > Voice Mate.

It is also found in the Notification Panel too.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

No, Voice Mate is not what you're looking for. I don't know exactly what feature you are looking for but you should have OK Google.

Go to the Google App (probably in the Google Folder in the App drawer) and set Search and Now on and train it to your voice. You can set it to recognize OK Google from any screen or from the home screen.

lzeitz

On a Samsung Galaxy S3, you do not need to be in any apps and just say "Hi Galaxy".  This launches the Samsung equivalent of something like Voice Mate.

On a Samsung Galaxy S6, you do not need to be in any apps and just say "Hi Google".

Both the Voice Mate and Google app options on the LG G4 seem to require you to enter the app first or have the app alway be on.  On a Galaxy S6, the Google app says "say Hi Google to activate".

Not sure how to set that up on the G4 since I can't get into the Google app settings (The settings option does not appear in the app)

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Turn off voice mate

Open the Google settings app and go to voice.

From there you should have option to train "OK Google" and use it on any screen.

lzeitz

Thanks Tidbits,

I finally managed to get to the Google app. Had to key in a search to finally see the settings since they do not appear when using the mini-app on the home screen.

I did the voice training and now it does what I want.

Thanks again

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Were my same exact instructions not specific enough for you? I don't get it.

lzeitz

Both of your answers were sort of correct.  The Google app that appears on the home screen (the thin strip that says Google and has the microphone icon) does not appear with settings - so in that regard, both of the instructions were not correct.

If I key in a search, then I can actually get the settings.

None of the instructions handled this.

0 Likes