Email stopped syncing as normally does.
sjcj
Enthusiast - Level 3

My email has stopped syncing with my phone.  It used to update about every 10 minutes or so, but as of late, it seems to update a couple times a day.  Even when it does update, it isn't real time.  It seems to be behind what is actually in my email online.  It used to be real time updates.  Any ideas what the problem may be?

This has been going on for a while.  Thought it might work itself out, but it has only become more of an inconvenience. 

Any thoughts?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email stopped syncing as normally does.
sjcj
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, well, clearing the cache and data worked awesome.  I just had to set up the app again.  Thanks so much for the response.  If it happens again, I will keep your other suggestions in mind.  I do also have Gmail set up and can toggle between my other accounts, however, it is much easier to add folder, subfolders in the factory app.

Thanks again!!

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Are you using the stock email app or a separate app?  (I haven't had great luck with LG's stock email apps, ever.)

0 Likes
sjcj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes.  I have not added any additional email app since I got the phone last Dec.  Not only is it not syncing like it used to, when I can actually get into the app, it typically freezes up or continues to think forever.  Essentially, I am unable to get my main email account information at all any longer.  I'm not sure what happened.  It had been working fine since I got it.  It was fully functional and I could actually switch to several different email accounts smoothly.  Well, no longer...since about a month ago or so.

Any additional thoughts on how I can remedy this situation.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Outside of clearing the cache and deleting the data for the email app in App Manager, I'm not privy to any other method to make it work short of a factory reset, which seems extreme to some just for one app to work.  Granted, I am on 5.0.2 with a G2, but I use the Gmail app, for which I also have my Live/MSN account included and switch between the 2 inboxes as needed.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When this happens on other phones using the stock e-mail app, toggling power, wi-fi, data, and sync usually doesn't help, nor does clearing the cache.  For whatever reason, removing the e-mail accounts and then adding them back usually works.  You might try that before an FDR.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I personally have had that issue with LG G-series phones in the past and on each OS update the stock email app would work for a time, then for whatever reason, cease to work, be it sync, loading, notifying, etc....  I have deleted accounts and re-added them.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  I did use the stock app after 5.0.2 installed, but same issue.  I found more flexibility in using dedicated apps for Live and Gmail, but ultimately decided that a combined Gmail set-up worked best, with less system and data use.  However, as always, this is only my experience and opinion.

0 Likes
sjcj
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, well, clearing the cache and data worked awesome.  I just had to set up the app again.  Thanks so much for the response.  If it happens again, I will keep your other suggestions in mind.  I do also have Gmail set up and can toggle between my other accounts, however, it is much easier to add folder, subfolders in the factory app.

Thanks again!!

Snn5
Legend

Glad that worked for you.  Tiki had a good suggest to try if ever this happens again as well with removing the email accounts or the accounts from the phone under Settings-Accounts.  That same method can work for other problem account-related issues in other apps as well.

0 Likes