Re: Error Code 9004 after Lollipop Upgrade 4/15
Snn5
Legend

While it is true that you can still check basic voicemail via *86, having the visual voicemail feature enabled or removed from the account line in My Verizon is a good step as well since the voice mail icon is for visual voicemail I do believe.  You might get the error if you haven't enabled the feature and try to use the widget.  Also, you will know if you have VVM because if you turn off Mobile Data or lose the data signal, you will get a pop up in your notification bar to alert you that you "cannot receive VVM until data is restored."

0 Likes
mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

You want to run that by me again so I understand what you are trying to tell me that my dense brain is not getting?

I used to get notifications that I had a voice mail waiting for me.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  Doesn't matter though because when I try to access it through the Voice Mail widget, I get the Error Code 9004.

I'm not sure what "visual voice mail" is ...  all I used to have was a notification that I had voice mail waiting and now I don't get that ... I have to dial *86 to find out if there is any voice mail waiting for me or not.

It is critical for me to have this function because my husband is very ill and when I have to leave him alone at home and if there is a medical emergency but I don't hear the phone ring, I will never know what is happening to him unless I manually check for voice mail messages.  I've had to tell him that if I go to the grocery store and I don't respond to his phone call and more than a minute has gone by, just dial 911.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You should call into Verizon to have them take a look at your voicemail.  Make sure you are set up correctly and any provisioning is correct.  They can also explain the difference between basic voicemail...messages left to your line that you dial *86 to retrieve and listen to and Basic VISUAL (meaning to see) voicemail that you can listen to without dialing in and Premium VISUAL voice mail which allows transcripts (if available) of the spoken voicemail so that you can read them on your phone.

0 Likes
flanamom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried what you suggested and I still get error code 9004. Have had the exact same problem since April upgrade, unable to use my visual voicemail (basic) what a nuisance... Help please!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly appreciate all that you've done. Does this issue happen on both Wi-Fi and through the mobile data network?

YosefT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
flanamom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.

On Jul 6, 2015 10:57 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
flanamom
Enthusiast - Level 2

And incidentally, I have a G2, not a G3.

On Jul 6, 2015 10:57 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the insight. I would suggst completing the following, Force Stop/Clear Data on the Voicemail application, power off the device, power the device back on, and then re-test using only the option for Basic VVM if asked.

If that still doesn't resolve the issue please Force Stop/Clear Data on ALL VZW applications, power off the device, power the device back on, and then re-test using only the option for Basic VVM if asked. then re-test using only the option for Basic VVM if asked.

YosefT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ingrids
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI... my G2 has the same issue now.

"Can't Connect to Your Voice Mailbox. Sorry, we're having trouble connecting to your voice mailbox. If you're in an area with poor signal strength, wait until you have a strong signal and try again. If there is still a problem, please contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 and tell them the error code is 9004."

After having the G2 for two years, I NEVER had the 9004 error. Previously, when the voice mail notification popped up, I would have to turn on data to listen to the voicemail through the app.  Now, with this error message, I have to turn on the data AND turn off the Wifi. Then, and only then, the app will refresh/update.

Note: I live in Orlando, Florida... no issues with signal strength.

SMH.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ingrids,

Help has arrived! I would be lost if I wasn’t able to retrieve my emails. Let’s make sure we get this fixed ASAP. When did you start to have this problem? Are you using regular voicemail or visual voicemail? What happens when you dial into your voicemail with *86 and send?

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes