Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Facebook Notifications won't turn off
Electronicallychallen

I have set the Facebook App notification on my phone to none, and I have turned off sound notifications in the Facebook app, yet I still have sound notices coming through from Facebook. How do I turn this off? It used to just vibrate, but with the recent upgrade it sound notifies, which I don't want.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Facebook Notifications won't turn off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Electronicallychallenged - Let's work together to figure this out. There are a few ways to enable/disable sounds in the Facebook application. When accessing the App Settings, you have the option of turning the sounds off but there is also a separate Notifications setting that you can click on and also turn Off and then set the vibrate, phone LED, the Notification ringtone to none or an actual ringtone and then a listing of all options you can set on or off for the desired notification sound. The Sounds option itself is just for sounds that may play if scrolling during your news feed (say perhaps video playback was set to On) and you didn't want to hear the sounds automatically until you physically tapped on the video to view it in full screen but isn't for the notification sounds. If you've clicked on the Notifications setting however and set the notification ringtone to None, then there should be no sound when receiving notifications. If you did set the Notification ringtone to none but are still getting the sounds, please uninstall and reinstall the Facebook application and try it again. Keep us posted with your results.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes