Factory reset. Again.
Kokomeau

Is anyone else having to factory reset over and over with these Lg phones? I have the G3, and I have had to factory reset four times in the past year due to different issues, from overheating to bluetooth issues. Their answer is always "Factory Reset." Do they have any clue how much time this takes to re-install and join contacts, find lost messages if able, re-download apps and widgets? If this is the LG or Verizon standard operating practice, I'm out of here at the end of my contract, or before if someone wants to buy it out. I don't recall ever having to reset this often. Now they're telling me to fix my bluetooth connectivity issues, I must do a factory reset. Again.  (And yes, I upload to the cloud, etc. Believe me, as many times as I've had to do this, I'm using everything available to make it easier.) I'd just like to know if it's the phone or if it's Verizon.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Factory reset. Again.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not the experience we want you to have with your Lg device Kokomeau. Having to factory reset multiple times can be very frustrating and after performing this step a few times for different issues, we should have other options for you. What specifically is happening with your blue tooth connectivity? We would like to help.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kokomeau

As I mentioned earlier, it will pair but it does not connect except for the phone. I cannot play my music from phone to my BT speaker in my home or in my car or connect to my laptop. I've tried the audio connection too. If you Google this issue you will find a lot of very frustrated lg g3 owners out there. I have unpaired and re-paired at both ends with no luck. I'm not sure what else to tell you. I just need a fix. It worked before the two previous updates so I don't know if it's an issue with that. Google it. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Sent from TypeMail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details Kokomeau. I know its upsetting to have issues with this functionality. How long have you had your phone? Has your phone been replaced?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kokomeau

I've had it just over a year and no it has never been replaced

Sent from TypeMail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kokomeau,

Thanks so much for getting back to us again. I know how frustrating hardware issues can be and we're eager to get this taken care of for you ASAP. Have you tried running your phone in safe mode to see if it allows you to connect that way? If it does, this will let us know that there's actually a problem with one or more of the apps on the phone that's actually causing the issue. To place the phone into safe mode, please use these steps: http://vz.to/1DnzQOl To exit safe mode, just use a regular restart. One other thing to try is to clear out your app cache, which won't clear any content for you but will remove any old unused app information. http://vz.to/1HlEwp0 It often will make a big difference in device perfmance. Let us know if it works in safe mode, or after clearing app cache.

Thanks!

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes