G3 SIM card issue
sculpin59
Enthusiast - Level 2

My G3 was notifying me that there is No SIM found. At one point it said the SIM was not readable. I went through the troubleshooting steps and the problem remained. Once again, I went through this with the VzW representative over the phone. I took it to a VzW store and they replaced the SIM. After 24 hours I now have the same problem. I'm wondering if it is the phone and if there is a solution that anyone may know of.

Labels (2)
Re: G3 SIM card issue
verizon-user5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. Verizon replaced SIM card - worked for 2 days and now the "No SIM Found" message is back. I also went through all the troubleshooting steps. The issues (for me) started after the 3-3-17 4BA update.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sculpin59,

We never want to see you without a working phone. Let's work together to find a solution. When you were troubleshooting, did you perform a full factory reset before trying a new sim card?

0 Likes
SARKLE23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also seeing the 'no sim card' - I tracked mine down to an after effect of the Update to 4BA Firmware.

Settings>About Phone>Software Info> Software Version...   Mine is VS9854BA.

I can see the affect on my antenna's (Wifi and mobile).  The representative I spoke with obviously had no idea what this was.  They need a software patch to remedy this issue - The thing is my phone was working great and I was out of contract by a few months - Why did I HAVE to accept this update???????????

Sure you get the option of saying NO...  That's a lot of fun - [Removed] popup with 2 windows to click through EVERYTIME I use my phone.

Do yourselves a favor and leave...  I am

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

sculpin59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I eventually went to a Verizon store and they couldn't get it to work even after installing a new SIM card. I ended up having to buy a new phone. Now it seems the update was the problem and that really[Removed] me off. When I asked about reversing the update, the Verizon rep just shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing they could do. If you ask me, that is borderline criminal!

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sculpin59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up buying a new Samsung. I'm not sure if it was LG fault or Verizon's fault. I'm starting to think it is Verizon, but now I have a perfectly good phone that no longer functions and I'm out hundreds of dollars for a new phone. What a SCAM!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have a working device, Sarkle23. The update is always meant to improve the device but we always appreciate customers feedback. What troubleshooting have you been through so far?

LauraL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DTPM60
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am experiencing difficulty with the recent software update from March 2017. Suddenly my phone reports a "Sim card is not readable." error, as well as draining my battery exceptionally fast. I have made no modifications, the phone is not damaged, and worked extremely well prior to the update.

Please advise as soon as possible. I would hate to have to leave VZW after 16 years because of no customer service and buggy software updates. Especially since my contract is up and I can choose any new carrier I prefer...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DTPM60, we want all the features to work for you. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

LauraL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sculpin59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does Verizon "Support" keep telling people you want us to have working devices and then ask us what troubleshooting steps we've done? I for one have rebooted the phone. took the sim card out and replaced it and rebooted again. Then went to the Verizon store and a Verizon tech replaced the SIM card (and charged me for it) and it still doesn't work. They said they had no idea how to fix it. At this point Verizon knows exactly what the problem is and how to fix it, but you won't. Why? I think it is because people like me that don't have time to waste, need a phone. Tell us how to fix the phones please! My new S7 is not as nice as my G3 was and I want my G3 to work!