Re: G3 SIM card issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to see you leave our family. I have researched this concern further and from the information we have gathered, the pin's in the SIM socket can be bent down causing issues with connecting to the SIM card. This would result in the message you are receiving. When did you first purchase your device? Do you have our extended warranty or Total Mobile Protection?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GARDEL17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this same issue, my sim card pins are fine, did a factory reset, switched sims, all the above. I can almost a sure you this is from the last update. Phone was fine until then. No I do not have total protection coverage.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry that this issue has surfaced after doing an update. They are made to improve the device not hinder it. Let's try something a little different. We have sent you a Private Message asking for some more detailed information. Please respond back there.

AnthonyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NFG_118822
Enthusiast - Level 2

AnthonyM_VZW, I did not receive a Private Message from you. I replied to this post earlier, as well as created my own thread here G3 Sim Card Not Found  I am still experiencing this serious issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any frustration in not getting a private message from Anthony and for the continued issues with your device. Let me work on getting this issue fixed with your Sim Card. I confirmed sending you a private message and please reply to my message so I can assist you further.  

EdwinW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MORTHO65
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday, I started having the same problem only 1 month after the phone was paid off!!!!!!!!!   We've tried all of the troubleshooting recommendations and will be going to our Verizon store for a new card just for grins and giggles.   We've been customers since Verizon took over Alltel and I think they need to undo that last update that we were forced to get.    If a new card will not fix this issue, I will not purchase a new phone nor continue to use Verizon.    The new phone will be with Sprint, Walmart, T-Mobile......... a TracFone......... but it won't be with Verizon!!!!!!    Seems like a way to make you purchase a new phone.

0 Likes
teechabc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm now having No Sim Card found as well, it started the first time I restarted my phone after the update.

Any help from customer service would be greatly appreciated.

This is my 3rd LG G3 that has had this issue.  The 1st phone got it after an update 12 months after I bought it.  It would come and go, originally I thought there was some rhyme or reason to it, but after this many phones it seems completely random.  Since I was just outside the warranty period I tried to get it working for weeks.  Eventually I gave in and paid the deductible on Asurion for a refurbished one.  The 2nd phone worked for maybe 6 months before getting Sim Card Not found errors.  Asurion replaced it for free with a third LG G3.  Now after the most recent update I'm back to not having a working phone.

Since I've had 3 different phones on 3 different software updates, and I've researched this issue extensively I think I can add a little insight.

• When you restart your phone, or turn your phone off and on for any reason, it's always a gamble. Sometimes it'll turn back on and find the sim no problem, other times you can restart 50+ times in a row and none of them will work.  Sometimes you try 100 times it doesn't work, then you wake up the next day and the first time you turn it on it starts up perfect.
  • Once your phone is working it generally stays working until you turn it off/let the battery die/restart....but eventually what's happened on all of my phones is after a few days/weeks of never letting it turn off,  you will take an incoming phone call, and during the call the phone will suddenly shut down and then you get NO SIM CARD FOUND again.
  • It creates a situation where you can't let your battery die, or risk not having a phone.
  • It also means you can't swap batteries without risking it, which takes away the best feature of the G3
  • Getting a new sim card, sometimes has fixed it for a day for me on the 1st phone but no the 2nd phone and I haven't tried it on the 3rd phone. Given the random nature of the restart and reconnecting to the sim/network, there's really no way to test if it worked, unless you actually stopped ever having it happen again which it seems has never happened to anyone on the internet who's had the problem.
  • It has nothing to do with the SIM Card slot pins, attempting to bend them back or adding tape or paper or other "fixes" I've seen online are all worthless.  Since the pins aren't the issue, all you are doing it risking damage to the pins.  The fact that sometimes it seems to work as a fix, is just because its random every time you restart, so by nature sometimes it will appear it worked.
  • It's 100% in my opinion a software bug, possibly specific to Verizon, since every shred of evidence I've ever found about the issue is from Verizon customers.  All 3 phones I've had it happen to had an update in the days preceding the problem.  All 3 phones would work on and off, WITHOUT opening the back or messing with the sim card in any way.
  • The first 2 phones eventually got to a point where no matter how many times you restarted it never found the sim, or at least not in the 100's of restarts I was willing to attempt.

If you have any information that differs from what I've said let me know.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MORTHO65-

Say it's not so, we don't want to see you go. We are eager to assist and ensure you have a properly working device. I sent you a message to your community inbox. Please reply there so we can provide more personalized support. Thanks.

AmberK_VZW

0 Likes
teechabc
Enthusiast - Level 1

vzw_customer_support​  so apparently mortho65 threatens to leave and gets a response, but I spend months troubleshooting this issue and I don't even get a response from Verizon wireless customer support?

ok I'm considering T-Mobile since all my lines are off contract now, now will you respond?

0 Likes
PATSKE52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with two phones in my household and VZW is not helping. Mine started just over a week ago on my phone that's just a little over 2 yrs. old. Tried 2 new SIM cards, a replacement lg g3 from Verizon and even my daughter tried the replacement phone with the same No SIM card phone and no service. Phones are in great shape with no physical wear or damage, card reader is perfect. Spoke with someone who works in IT and they think it's a firmware/software issue. Verizon needs to get with LG and come up with a fix. This is a terrible way to try and sell more overpriced phones. The equipment works excellent as far as a computer with Wi-Fi but no connection for phone, texting and data. Come on Verizon, step up and confess there's a problem, don't tell me there's only one other occurrence as you did when I called in and get us a fix for this problem.

0 Likes