G4 stopped using 5G after 13B upgrade.
ssilver31

G4 stopped using 5g wifi, probably after 13B upgrade. WiFi Analyzer [on G4] shows 5g signal strong and available, but G4 remains on 2.4. Any ideas how to correct? G4 does not have a dual band selector option to pick 2.4 or 5g. I am using a Google onhub router that broadcasts 2.4 and 5g. The G4 recognizes both, but always selects the 2.4 even right next to the router.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: G4 stopped using 5G after 13B upgrade.
ssilver31

Two updates:

1. I switched back to Netgear router that separates 2.4 and 5G. G4 shows connecting to both, but spped is same on both - around 25mbps. Normally speeds on 2.4 are 25-50 and on 5G are 100-120mbps.

2. Was in hospital that had public wifi. Could login to both and appear connected, but 5G would not run.

0 Likes
ssilver31

Solved for now.

I went into WiFi Advanced settings and unchecked "Avoid Bad WiFi Connections." All of a sudden, 5G is working.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sometimes having both 2.4 and 5ghz enabled will fight with each other in close proximity.  Choose the one you want and "forget" the other network.  This will prevent the G4 from connecting to 2.4 when 5ghz is weak.  Plus, the G4 will connect to 2.4 almost as a default.

0 Likes