G5 Wi-Fi calling issues
Arieh

Just converted from T-Mobile to Verizon because Verizon now offers Wi-Fi calling.  No carrier has any coverage whatsoever at my house, so I need Wi-Fi calling. 

I am having some issues with Wi-Fi calling with my LG G5.  For some reason Wi-Fi calling keeps getting disabled.  I will activate it and can place some phone calls and sent text.  A few minutes later I cannot make phone calls and I get an error message that reads "You are currently out of range of the mobile network.  Would you like to use Wi-Fi to make and receive voice calls when the mobile network is not available?"  I will select "TURN ON WI-FI CALLING" and can make and receive phone calls for a while, then it will disable and I have to go through enabling Wi-Fi calling again...it is driving me nuts (never had this issue with T-Mobile).

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G5 Wi-Fi calling issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Arieh, We want you to have the best indoor coverage possible. We appreciate all of the helpful details. While we do understand the importance of quality indoor service, we can not guarantee coverage inside any building for a variety of reasons. Building materials, building structure, and building location are just some of the factors which makes it difficult for any service provider to guarantee indoor signal.

Based on the information you provided about the service location, we recommend the Network Extender. WiFi calling is not a replacement for extenders for those who experience indoor call issues, especially if you're using the phone while in a basement. The extender can help improve call quality and benefit all of the lines in your home. Please review this link and see how the Network Extender can be of good value:

http://vz.to/1OT7tb5

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you use the same phone with T-Mobile or was this purchased for use with Verizon? Is it possible that your phone is briefly disconnecting from your Wi-Fi? The router logs should show this if your router keeps track of devices connecting/disconnecting/getting DHCP Leases.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure you can access your WiFi services everyday. Just to clarify, do you have the latest software on your phone? Are you able to use and connect to other WiFi services?

JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

im a bit confused. No carrier works at your house, you have a carrier whose wifi calling works perfectly, but you switch carriers. For what? Also, wifi and cellular is not guaranteed. Have you ever considered a landline? [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] .

Arieh

smith6612: No, I didn't bring over my phone from T-Mobile, I bought a new one from Verizon.  I looked at my router logs and it doesn't appear that my router is disconnecting my device.  The client lease time is set to 10080 minutes.

JasperM_VZW: Yes, the phone went through two system updates the day that I turned it on.  Everything looks up to date. I just checked for a new system update and it says that there are none available.

pherson: Correct, no carrier has any coverage at my house.  However, about a mile outside of my house Verizon has the best coverage of any carrier in this area and I do a ton of traveling.  T-Mobile's coverage is absolutely horrific out here, but for the longest time they were the only carrier that offered Wi-Fi calling.  Yes, I have a land line too, it is necessary to have one out here--just for 911 service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Arieh,

I personally rely on my Wi-Fi calling service at home, especially when I spend a lot of time in my basement garage. Let's get this working. I understand that you are having trouble with Wi-Fi Calling but do you have any issues at all connecting to your Wi-Fi? Any other phones in the house have the same trouble with Wi-Fi Calling? What is the make and model of your router?

RyanC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Arieh

Ryan,

Prior to switching to Verizon I had T-Mobile (2 LG G2s, and 1 LG G4). All

worked fine with Wi-Fi calling.

Right now I have 4 LG G5s that I purchased from Verizon. None have issues

connecting to Wi-Fi (Linksys EA6350). I can browse websites, use online

apps, instant message, and texting seems to work without any issues. The

only issue that I have is that all 4 G5s deactivate W-Fi calling

constantly. I have to go into Setting/Advanced Calling and activate Wi-Fi

calling repeatedly.

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Arieh, We want you to have the best indoor coverage possible. We appreciate all of the helpful details. While we do understand the importance of quality indoor service, we can not guarantee coverage inside any building for a variety of reasons. Building materials, building structure, and building location are just some of the factors which makes it difficult for any service provider to guarantee indoor signal.

Based on the information you provided about the service location, we recommend the Network Extender. WiFi calling is not a replacement for extenders for those who experience indoor call issues, especially if you're using the phone while in a basement. The extender can help improve call quality and benefit all of the lines in your home. Please review this link and see how the Network Extender can be of good value:

http://vz.to/1OT7tb5

SheritaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Arieh

Before I spend $250 on a network extender, can you tell me if it compatible with the G5?  On your website it isn't listed as a compatible phone for the Samsung network extender.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The network extender is only 3G, It'll do the job if you're calling on 3G but I wouldn't expect wonders on an LTE enabled device. Needless to say it's a bit outdated. You would need either working Wi-Fi calling or a network repeater which takes the native signal from outside and amplifies/repeats it.

0 Likes