GPS not working
boxdancer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am constantly losing signal and location not picking up when trying to get directions. I see this is a common issue for this phone. I have tried everything and need to know what the next step is.  Can someone please lead me in the right direction?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: GPS not working
deloused
Master - Level 3

If you've completed a factory data reset and tried the other normal fixes (listed below) and still no luck the GPS antenna may no longer be functioning properly. If under warranty contact Verizon for replacement options, or LG can also advise of their repair options available also even if your warranty period has expired.

• try pulling down the notification shade and swipe along to find Airplane mode. Turn it on and then off again. Now retest your GPS.
  • If you have a case on your LG G5, then take it off and see if your GPS works any better.
  • Take a look in Settings > General > Location > Mode and make sure that High accuracy (GPS and networks) is on. If it is, you might want to test Device sensors only (GPS only) to see if it makes any difference.
  • Try installing the free GPS Status & Toolbox app. It will give you more information and you can use it to update your A-GPS data.
  • Take a close look at the settings of any app you have installed that uses the GPS function.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: GPS not working
deloused
Master - Level 3

If you've completed a factory data reset and tried the other normal fixes (listed below) and still no luck the GPS antenna may no longer be functioning properly. If under warranty contact Verizon for replacement options, or LG can also advise of their repair options available also even if your warranty period has expired.

• try pulling down the notification shade and swipe along to find Airplane mode. Turn it on and then off again. Now retest your GPS.
  • If you have a case on your LG G5, then take it off and see if your GPS works any better.
  • Take a look in Settings > General > Location > Mode and make sure that High accuracy (GPS and networks) is on. If it is, you might want to test Device sensors only (GPS only) to see if it makes any difference.
  • Try installing the free GPS Status & Toolbox app. It will give you more information and you can use it to update your A-GPS data.
  • Take a close look at the settings of any app you have installed that uses the GPS function.
0 Likes