Gestures - since 5.0.1 update LG G3 won't answer calls when placed up by ear
catratmus

Ever since the Lollipop 5.0.1 update on my LG G3 I have not been able to answer my phone calls by placing it up against my ear.  I have been able to answer calls by tapping, swiping has never really worked for me.  I have re-calibrated the motion sensor a couple of times, restarted my phone and the action is checked.  I really don't want to do a factory reset -- can anyone help ??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Gestures - since 5.0.1 update LG G3 won't answer calls when placed up by ear
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the right place for assistance catratmus. It looks like you did quite a bit of troubleshooting. May I ask do you have a case or a screen protector on hte device? These may contribute to the device not being able to acknowledge the gesture properly. If you can remove the case and retest then that would be great. Also, if you have a screen protector, please ensure that it is clean by the sensor. as always, we encourage that you back up your info to either Verizon Cloud or your Gmail account as an added precaution. Please keep us posted with the results.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Gestures - since 5.0.1 update LG G3 won't answer calls when placed up by ear
catratmus

thank you -- i had restarted my phone but had not calibrated the sensor since then -- did this yesterday.  i did take off the case and my husband called me and it worked fine.  put the case back on -- once again it worked fine.  so, i don't think it was the case -- have never had any problems with it until this update.  but all is good and it works now.

0 Likes