The Gizmo Hub app FAQ for version 3.0 indicates that there is a contact level called "Gizmo Buddy" which allows that contact (presumably another Gizmo Watch) and the user to send text messages to each other. Both of my kids have Gizmo Gadgets, the latest software updates, and I have version 3.6 of the Gizmo Hub app. However under Permissions for [contact], the only options are "No Permissions" or "Buddy", not "Gizmo Buddy". I spent the last half hour in Chat with a Verizon rep and they are stumped too.
Anyone know how to make the "Gizmo Buddy" contact level available, as described in section 4, here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/gizmohub-faqs/ ?
Thanks for the link, lmoldovanyi. We certianly want you to utilize all the features of the Gizmo. Are they able to successfully call other Gizmo buddies? What troubleshooting steps did we perform?
Thanks! I did the following:
- confirmed that both watches have the latest software updates
- downloaded the latest app and iOS for my iphone
- confirmed that my account uses my email address
- restarted all the watches and my iphone
- deleted the contact from the app and then re-entered to see if I could set the contact level from scratch
- tried changing the contact permission to "Gizmo Buddy" for other contacts
- note: these watches are Gizmo Gadgets (3G), not the new Gizmo Watches (4G) although don't know why that would make any difference
Thank you for providing this information. In the Gizmo Hub FAQ, under section 1, "What is Gizmo Hub?," there is a note that states that you can, "Set up a Gizmo Buddy to let 2 Gizmo Watches call and text each other." This is because the Gizmo Gadget did not possess the feature of Peer to Peer calling and texting. StanleyC_VZW
Peer to peer can call each other. Just not text. Seems silly since it's a software feature and not hardware but I imagine that the app branches depending on the device and it wasn't worth enhancing an unsupported product. Oh well. Will move off these devices soon enough I suppose.