Re: Google account sync issues after update
androidfreak
Contributor - Level 1

So I am having the same type of problem and the I have tried several email client apps in the play store and the only one that syncs over wifi is an app called "aqua mail" (at least for now)

bslu

Same issue here! Factory reset three times.  Spoke with several VZW agents and they all were unaware of any issues.  Obviously they don't monitor their own message boards

0 Likes
Mintedroyal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same exact issue, when connected to wifi, the only notification I get is from Facebook.  I am not getting any notification from GMail, hangouts, YahooMail, or Twitter....when I turn off wifi and go data...blammo there are all the notifications...Spoke with several agents, one even told me it was my cable internet provider...some babble about Proxy Encryption BS....this is a lollipop update issue and they know it.  Will just have to wait and see if they fix this...if enough people complain they will have to address it....

Stonesander
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here! If I'm connected to wifi, which I need to be for most of the day, since updating to the Lollipop update on my Verizon LG G3, most of my programs will no longer automatically sync.

Specifically, anything to do with Google no longer automatically syncs: Gmail, Hangouts, even GroupMe, which I'm signed into with my Google account. I tried manually updating Google Play Services to the latest version for my phone (7.3.26 aka 1853132-430), but it made no difference. I also tried factory resetting my phone, which also didn't help.

This is a major bug: my phone is broken by this update. This needs to be fixed ASAP, as it's causing damage to my business: I'm missing important communications. If this isn't fixed soon, I'll be taking the issue to my local Verizon Store and seeking relief.

Stonesander
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also tried enabling IPv6 on my router, as I had found someone else had had success with this, but it did not work for me. IPv6 is now fully enabled, but my Google data won't sync with wifi on through this router, or with any other wifi router.

I also tried clearing the Google Play Services cache (and even uninstalling it and reinstalling it with the Play Store version, in addition to the manual latest from apk mirror), but none of that helped.

0 Likes
Sharon33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue and am finding it very frustrating!! Any word on when we can expect Android 5.1? It's been available for over a month now, but Verizon pushed out the earlier (buggy) version on me recently. I guess I'm just hoping that 5.1 will solve this and some other issues I'm having.

cwest1337
Enthusiast - Level 1

same issues for me I updated my phone Monday this week and was wondering why i wasn't getting email or hangout notifications when i was getting them on my laptop and normally i hear my phone go off at the same time my laptop will chime.  Turned WiFi off and the floodgate of notifications came in.  I for one am EXTREMELY upset with Verizon for releasing an update with a KNOWN, and not even just known bug but one that is such a functionality reducer.  This completely prevents me from connecting to WiFi while working because I can't afford to be getting my messages 15 or 20+ minutes late.  It's ok Google FI is coming kappa kappa

webpenguin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree.  5.0.1 broke everything Google and Wi-Fi. Play Store won't open. Mail won't sync. Chrome won't load web pages most of the time. YouTube won't load. Other apps stall or freeze. Asked for help in Twitter almost 24 hours ago yet no response. Long-time AT&T customer here who switched to Verizon in February only to get poor service and a steep bill.

0 Likes
jasjr54
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list of extremely dissatisfied customers. I did the Lollipop update the night it came out and didn't realize right away that wifi wasn't working with email and Hangouts. During that time, I missed a voicemail that concerned a close relative being in the hospital. I have talked with Verizon three times now and have gotten nowhere. The last time, just a few minutes ago, I was told that I could do an early Edge upgrade but it would cost me $149. When I complained that it wasn't fair to pay to correct a problem I didn't cause, I was then told that Verizon will only guarantee that the cellular component of the phone will work and that wifi is not guaranteed. I hung up after that!

Has anyone had any luck with getting a resolution and a working phone? All I want is a phone that works as advertised, especially since I paying for it on the Edge program.

Mintedroyal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here are a few tricks I have has some success with.  First of all, Aqua Mail from the play store will sync and work with gmail and other Google apps..  So you will get up to the minute syncs.  Secondly, I have yahoo mailing working.  I had to uninstall and then reinstall it.  Otherwise clearing out cache's and data seems to help but not on all things.  I am still not getting anything twitter...which ticks me off to no end.  Verizon is very careless with this update and I am hoping 5.1 will be out soon to clear this up along with the really bad battery drain and sticky apps.  This update to lollipop was awful and while it sucks so many have responded to this thread I hope some Verizon rep see's it and brings it to the attention of tech support and management. 

0 Likes