Has anyone been able to get the LG G5 to work properly with Android Auto?
anglrck

Having issues getting my LG G5 to work with a Pioneer avh 4100 NEX stereo. I have the phone paired but have been unable to get it to work like it should.  Had to change the USB connection several times on the phone.  I believe File transfer was what it was on when I was finally able to acknowledge the safety warning on the stereo screen.  The connection type defaults back to charging only every time even if I select Always for the connection type. If/when Android Auto home screen does come up, it does not acknowledge anything I touch on the screen i.e. maps, Google music, etc.

I know it is not an issue with the stereo as it worked fine when it was paired with a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 and have Pioneer's latest firmware installed on the stereo.  I have uninstalled an reinstalled Android Auto from the phone as it was shared from my old phone as well as tried forgetting all cars on the LG G5 and paired it again.  Any ideas or suggestions on what to try would be helpful.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone been able to get the LG G5 to work properly with Android Auto?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anglrck

I certainly want to ensure you can use your LG G5 with the bluetooth device you choose. You've taken a lot of great steps so far. I just want to confirm a few things today.

Are you able to connect you LG G5 to other bluetooth devices without trouble? Has it ever worked properly with this stereo?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
anglrck

Connecting to Bluetooth works fine, it is the physical connection that I am having issues with.  This stereo has to have the Bluetooth connection and the phone has to be plugged in via USB.  The connection type on the phone when plugged in to USB keeps defaulting back to charging only every time, even after I change it to one of the other available connection types.  If I do get anything Android Auto related to come up on the stereo screen it does not recognize any selections I try to make on the touch screen.

I looked at Google Support for Android Auto and have seen that LG and Google are working to fix the various issues people seem to be experiencing.  I tried the other day to change the connection type to what is suggested on their site but do not recall seeing the MTP selection available.

Known Issues - Android Auto Help

0 Likes
camelman

This is just a guess, try USB debugging "ENABLED"  in the Developer options in your settings menu.  Settings, developer options, USB Debugging. Best of luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anglrck, We want that music to flow. Have you tried any other application to make this connection? This sounds like more of one device's software having issues talking the other's software. The fact that from what you said, Google is working on a fix, would seem to indicate that physically they are compatible. Have you been able to reach out to Pioneer?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes