Has anyone with a LG G3 recived the 5.0 Lolliepop update yet ?
Skott7761
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone with a LG G3 received the 5.0 Lollipop update today 3/10/15 ? If so where in the U.S.A. are you located ?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone with a LG G3 recived the 5.0 Lolliepop update yet ?
Snn5
Legend

The version numbers may be correct, but they are not official.  I'm doubting anyone really got the G3 update considering the old version numbers are still listed on Verizon's update site.  they generally update that site pretty quick and make announcements on the News page.Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

Smartphones – Tablets – Apps

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

When it comes I wonder if it will fix the DST error.  Also, Verizon has not updated the LG G3 support page to reflect an update so far this morning, despite rumors of rogue and or "in the wild" reports of the contrary.

0 Likes
Kaizzer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I talked to a Verizon guy in person yesterday Monday March 9th. And he said they have started releasing it. And to wait a few days for it and check periodically. I'd you don't see it by Thursday call tech support.

0 Likes
Razo_SE
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is probably the last "flagship" phone I will buy from Verizon.  Though their coverage may be outstanding, their product updates are the worst in the industry as it relates to transparency and time-lines.  Lollipop has been around for a while now and you would think the largest carrier in the US would be all over it, or at the least keep people in the loop.  Once my EDGE is done, I'm out.

Snn5
Legend

I bought my G2 with the intention of buying it for what it was at the time...a Jelly Bean phone.  I of course had hopes that KitKat would come, and it did, and not without issue.  Now waiting on LP.  I often wonder why it is that when a phone comes out it works great, but then updates cause problems.

0 Likes
Razo_SE
Enthusiast - Level 3

That goes right back to my argument about transparency. If Verizon would encourage enthusiasts (read: outside Verizon) to look at what they are working on before launching a mass OTA then the "random bugs" would be almost completely mitigated.  Instead updates are shrouded in mystery, deployed with little or no warning, and users are either pleasantly surprised, or very pissed.

0 Likes
lockman197107

I have not received lollipop update!!  Tampa,fl here

0 Likes
edwicy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not heard of anyone getting update, except those who root and force fed lollipop, and one who got it on

a replacement phone. (Beginning to doubt that now.)

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The version numbers may be correct, but they are not official.  I'm doubting anyone really got the G3 update considering the old version numbers are still listed on Verizon's update site.  they generally update that site pretty quick and make announcements on the News page.Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

Smartphones – Tablets – Apps

knoxy

Nothing yet. 3/18/15 vs985

0 Likes