Have 15GB plan and my billing cycle ends 6/13/15 (few days). Right now at 14.51 GB, please tell me the best way to go about getting addtional GB without paying alot of overage in premiums.
Aerv

please help!!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Have 15GB plan and my billing cycle ends 6/13/15 (few days). Right now at 14.51 GB, please tell me the best way to go about getting addtional GB without paying alot of overage in premiums.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I see more plans now, looks like you can bump up to 20GB for $140 instead of whatever you are currently paying and then bump back down to 15GB for $100.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Have 15GB plan and my billing cycle ends 6/13/15 (few days). Right now at 14.51 GB, please tell me the best way to go about getting addtional GB without paying alot of overage in premiums.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Your best bet is to avoid going over. Do they have a larger plan than 15GB? You'd have to up your plan now, before the cycle closes, and then keep it through the closing date and so long as the plan you're currently on is still available, you can switch back. However if the plan you're on now isn't available, or is a higher price, you will HAVE to pay that price, you can't get the old price.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Since the next plan up is 20 GB for $140, or $40 more than you are paying now, and you only have 2 days left, I would just go with the $15 overage for 1 additional GB and watch your data use the last 2 days. Even if you go over again, which you should not with control, $30 is still less than $40.

Bottom line, watch you use, and if needed, you will pay $15 for 1 additional GB overage.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I see more plans now, looks like you can bump up to 20GB for $140 instead of whatever you are currently paying and then bump back down to 15GB for $100.

0 Likes
Aerv

Thanks for the information Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Aerv

Would it be possible to pay 20.00 to have phone used as a mobile hotspot for the rest of this billing period? Just a thought...

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You'd still be using data. Don't do that. Plus if you have the More Everything plan you should have mobile hotspot for free.

You'll know if it's free if you go to turn it on and it allows you - even if says you're not allowed, I would call and ask them check on it. Mine for whatever reason was blocked, even though it's included and free.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Can you not connect to Wi-Fi anywhere?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yee can use Wi-Fi  that is always available from your phone. In fact you should use Wi-Fi whenever you can to limit your cellular use

0 Likes
Aerv

Dont have access at home thru Wifi, where I use my phone alot. Just thinking if I pay the 20.00 for mobile hotspot will verizon come up with some crazy additional charges. 

0 Likes