Coco1415267
Enthusiast - Level 2

HELP     ...can anyone help me I have a g3 that has a blue screen or it turns off and trys to restart and doesn't make it what do I do..I don't want to replace it

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help
Snn5
Legend

Can you restart in safe mode?  If it stays on long enough, hold the power button long enough for the restart, power off options and long press Power Off.  Choose Safe Mode.  Or, if it wont stay on....

Turn on safe mode

1. Turn off your phone and reboot.
  2. When you see the LG logo, press and hold the Volume Down key until you see the home screen.
  3. Your home screen displays Safe mode in the lower left corner as shown.

If your phone works in Safe Mode then it is probably a 3rd party app.  If that isn't the case, then you can try a factory reset.  If that doesn't fix it, then a replacement would be necessary.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Can you restart in safe mode?  If it stays on long enough, hold the power button long enough for the restart, power off options and long press Power Off.  Choose Safe Mode.  Or, if it wont stay on....

Turn on safe mode

1. Turn off your phone and reboot.
  2. When you see the LG logo, press and hold the Volume Down key until you see the home screen.
  3. Your home screen displays Safe mode in the lower left corner as shown.

If your phone works in Safe Mode then it is probably a 3rd party app.  If that isn't the case, then you can try a factory reset.  If that doesn't fix it, then a replacement would be necessary.

Coco1415267
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks ..It doesn't pull up the safe mode it almost gets there but then it turns off...

0 Likes
Coco1415267
Enthusiast - Level 2

....also it won't even do a factory reset either ..that's what confuses me

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
  • WITH BROKEN SCREEN:
  • Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note Ensure the USB cable is disconnected.
    1. Press and hold the Power button (located on the back).
    2. Select Power off.
    3. Select OK.
      Note Allow several seconds for the device to power off.
  • Press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button.
  • When the LG logo is displayed release the Power button only then immediately press and hold the Power button again.
  • Release both buttons when the Factory hard reset screen displays.
  • Press the Power button to continue.
    Note To cancel the hard reset press one of the Volume keys.
  • Press the Power button to confirm that the hard reset is desired.
    Note To cancel the hard reset press one of the Volume keys.
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If that doesn't do it...you may need a replacement.

0 Likes
Coco1415267
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah ..that's what I was afraid of

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Make sure it isn't damaged or tampered with software-speaking.  Call Verizon or chat online or go to a store.  If you are still under the one year warranty, or have extended warranty.  takes a couple days and the new replacement will be there.  You have to sign for it, so make sure someone is home over 18.

0 Likes
Coco1415267
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah they're sending one out Monday...it's not even a month old and I didn't want to have it replaced with a "like-new" ..phone since this one is new..and I think maybe some 3rd party app screwed it up if I could get it on long enuff to to do a factory reset and erase the apps it might be  grr.. 🙂

Snn5
Legend

Glad some of that info helped!