How do I disable the knock on feature?
lowsaturn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, I need to know how to disable the "Knock On" feature of my LG G4. It is no where in the settings menus, so it must be in a hidden menu somewhere. I need to know how to access these hidden menus and disable "Knock On". I'm finding this "feature" to be very dangerous. Its because of this that the phone turns on while in my pocket and overheats. My first G4 overheated and simply stopped working, my second one overheated, caused the battery to expand and pop the back cover off and slightly burning my leg. I really need to know how to disable this feature before my third G4 arrives before it seriously injures me or causes a fire.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Overheating LG G4
Oz1970
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try this option... download an app called "Quick Shortcut Maker" from the Play store.  When it opens, search on "Knock".  It will bring up the settings menu. Expand it and the first option should say "Settings: Knock On". Click it and then on the next screen at the top choose "Tap to change label" and give it a name like "KnockOn".  Then choose "Create" at the bottom.  This will create an icon that you can click from your start menu and will open the Knock On option screen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Overheating LG G4
Oz1970
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try this option... download an app called "Quick Shortcut Maker" from the Play store.  When it opens, search on "Knock".  It will bring up the settings menu. Expand it and the first option should say "Settings: Knock On". Click it and then on the next screen at the top choose "Tap to change label" and give it a name like "KnockOn".  Then choose "Create" at the bottom.  This will create an icon that you can click from your start menu and will open the Knock On option screen.

0 Likes