How do I perform a factory reset?
He1ix
Enthusiast - Level 1

Accidentally smashed my phone in my car door yesterday so I got a replacement today. Now I need to send back the broken one. But first, I'd like to completely wipe it and do a factory reset. Only problem is the screen is smashed and is totally unresponsive. It lights up and everything, you just can't see or do anything. So is there any other way I can do the factory reset before I send it in?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need help with a reset.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

He1ix I know privacy is critical to me. I am sure you feel the same. Let's make sure you can erase your device. If you had already enabled GPS on your device, you will be able to erase it remotely. You can use Android Device manager which is an option provided by Google. Here is the link you will need: http://bit.ly/23blpnN Then you will sign in with your Gmail account.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

He1ix I know privacy is critical to me. I am sure you feel the same. Let's make sure you can erase your device. If you had already enabled GPS on your device, you will be able to erase it remotely. You can use Android Device manager which is an option provided by Google. Here is the link you will need: http://bit.ly/23blpnN Then you will sign in with your Gmail account.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
He1ix
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thank you for taking the time to respond and help. I suppose I should have mention in my post that I was more so looking for a way to check my phones internal memory for anything I could try and save that wasn't on my SD card before I performed the actual reset. Nothing I tried worked when trying to access the files via computer or elsewhere. In the end I cut my loses and used Lookout Security's wipe feature from their website on my laptop.

Thank you again!