How do I reject the newest software update?
melzywi
Contributor - Level 1

I have received notifications to download the LG G3 System update. I've repeatedly told it I do NOT want to update. Today after a month or more it downloaded the update automatically WITHOUT asking me if I wanted to. Now I have a constant notice that system updates are ready to install. I DO NOT want this update! If I ignore it will it just forcefully install update in the near future? How do I get it to NOT install the update? I DO NOT want it.  I have heard bad reviews about this update.  The reason why I upgraded to a new phone this past year was because the S3 update literally ate my battery alive.

Thanks!

Mel

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Denied Latest Update, Now Forced Download of Said Update?!
dubie7006
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mel,

I have a solution for you. It's not going to remove the update or anything, but it will get rid of those pesky notifications to update 'now' or 'later'.

If you drag down the notifications tab, there should be a constantly on alert that a software update is ready to install, noted by a blue check mark kind of thing. 

Long press that notification until 'App Info' pops up.

Click on App Info.

Once in the App Info screen, click 'Force Stop'.

No more popups every 5 minutes to install.

I did this yesterday, about 24 hours ago, and have not had that popup return since.  Hope this works for you.

View solution in original post

SterlingArcher

I called tech support and spoke with a tier 2 rep.  He told me there was nothing he can do on his end except to just wait.  I had a backup file on my removable SD card so I plan on doing a full wipe/factory reset to delete the downloaded file and restore the backup.  Hopefully it'll buy some time until they roll out the patch.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It can Download into your phone but it is your choice to install it.. I have 2 phones that have gotten new updates but i have put off the update's  for some time, one time I went as long as a Year.. Now if the update tries to install go to your settings and then setting update and try N stop the install it may or may not stop but if it gives you a choice to veer off the update by setting another time do it and as a reminder don't check  Auto Install when the time expires just choose again a time to install to wave off the update.

Hope that Helps..

0 Likes
gallagher118
Enthusiast - Level 2

One way to deal with dissent I suppose.   Verizon does not seem interested in allowing you to keep your phone in the working condition that you bought it in.   They would rather force the update and then have you deal with the issues

I've been killing the notification by pressing and holding on it then all info then force stop.   That seems to reduce the amount of times their notification takes over my lock screen at least.

It wouldn't be so bad if it just wasn't so [removed] pushy.   Looking at T-Mobile right now.

Content removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
dubie7006
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mel,

I have a solution for you. It's not going to remove the update or anything, but it will get rid of those pesky notifications to update 'now' or 'later'.

If you drag down the notifications tab, there should be a constantly on alert that a software update is ready to install, noted by a blue check mark kind of thing. 

Long press that notification until 'App Info' pops up.

Click on App Info.

Once in the App Info screen, click 'Force Stop'.

No more popups every 5 minutes to install.

I did this yesterday, about 24 hours ago, and have not had that popup return since.  Hope this works for you.