How do I restore 4G?
thebigindian01

I lost 4G last night along with phone service for a short time. 4G LTE never restored. Everyone else I was with got their service back with no problems.

Phone is modified just so you know. LG G3 VS985

I have:

updated the software,

cold booted,

wiped and reformatted internal memory,

factory data reset

wiped again,

updated modem 35b

installed current android original software package for this model

installed current gapps

replaced sim at a verizon wireless store

left the store tech scratching his head

compared apn's with identical store model

rebooted including pulling the battery many times

switched between global and lte/cdma

Still only get 3G at best

I've run out of solutions at this time. Anyone have a fresh idea?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I restore 4G?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow, I appreicate all of the steps that you've completed on your own, thebigindian01. I want to make sure that we get your 4G restored back on the phone. What zip code are you currently in? Are you not getting 4G no matter where you go? Are you able to make and receive phone calls on the device? Pleaes keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thebigindian01

Zip is 29566. I can still make calls but no matter where I go, I can only

receive 3G. My tablet next to me is 4G but not my phone. I've been digging

through the internet but haven't come up with anything solid. I'm still

baffled.

On Feb 13, 2016 4:18 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you have the best connection possible. May we ask how far you have to travel before service improves to 4G?
KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
thebigindian01

It does not connect to 4G at all no matter where I go. I compared my phone

with a store model that was connected to 4g. Network type and apn are the

same.

On Feb 14, 2016 12:36 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely a strange issue that will call for us to perform an investigation. What specific functions on your phone are the service issues affecting? Lets concentrate on those specifics.

KinquanaHH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thebigindian01

4g is the only thing affected. Everything else works great. It has me

baffled too. Only thing I can think of is either a hardware failure or a

server configuration issue

On Feb 14, 2016 12:36 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thebigindian01,
Let’s take a better look at everything. I appreciate all the steps you’ve taken. At the same time, I notice that you didn’t mention the device having been placed into Safe Mode. This mode temporarily disables any third party apps from your device to allow us to determine if the concern is with an installed application or the device itself. Please keep the device in this mode as long as possible, and test it out. Here are the steps: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-113629/.

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
thebigindian01

I booted under safe mode. No change.

On Feb 14, 2016 1:26 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thebigindian01,

I appreciate you attempting this step for us. I see that you mentioned the device has been modified, which is going to void the manufacturer's warranty. However, I'd still like the opportunity to review your account and device diagnostics to double check what options you may have available. I went ahead and sent you a Private Message so we can take a closer look. Thank you.

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes