How do I transfer email accounts and stored email to new phone?
Ellenj
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can back up contacts with Verizion Backup Assistant.  I've moved the apps to the SD Card that can be moved to the card. I don't care about Text messages. My photos and videos have always been on my SD card.  And those are backed up on my Mac.

But I can't find ANYWHERE (Verizon help or community) how to back up my email accounts and my stored email messages.  There is no place to do this on Backup Assistant. I have 8 email accounts.  I have specific messages saved on the phone that I need on the phone. How can I keep those?

Thanks,

Ellen

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I transfer email accounts and stored email to new phone?
Snn5
Legend

Your emails should be saved on your email provider's server.  If you use Gmail, those are saved, unless you deleted them.  Your apps are saved in your Google Play store account.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Your emails should be saved on your email provider's server.  If you use Gmail, those are saved, unless you deleted them.  Your apps are saved in your Google Play store account.

Ellenj
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I said, I have SPECIFIC messages saved to the phone that I need on the phone. This is why I don't sync my email. I don't want everything I've saved on my desktop to go to my phone. So, I want to be sure I can back up the email ON the phone. And, I don't really want to add back 8 email accounts.

Apps are stored in Google Play.  App settings are not. So, if you want to save app settings and don't have a rooted phone, I'm hoping saving them to the SD card will load them automatically.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

A lot of apps can no longer be moved to the card.  App settings are "supposed" to be backed up to the Google account per the backup and reset check boxes in settings menu.  You can take the folder from your phone that has the emails and drag and drop to your PC perhaps.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Plus, you can (depending on the mail app) choose which folders to sync.  So, you don't have to sync everything.

0 Likes
Ellenj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any idea where the email folder is?  I don't think it is on the SD card.

I'm hoping the app settings are backed up, but so far that has not been the case when I've had o re-install apps.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How do you knoiw the emails are saved?  I mean, where do you have them set in mail settings to save to?

0 Likes