How do I turn on airplane mode confirmations
MindDrive

I used to receive confirmation dialogs when switching to and from airplane mode.  That is no longer the case, and I don't remember asking for confirmations to be turned off.  I need to know how to turn on that confirmation.  Coming out of airplane mode accidentally could be costly in another country, and deadly while an airplane is taking off or landing!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I turn on airplane mode confirmations
Weth
Legend

Costly,  yes; deadly, no.

0 Likes
MindDrive

I'm aware of the debate over whether cell signals interfere with airplane functioning, which is leaning toward the not deadly side.  This does not answer my question.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Just correcting misinformation. No debate really, not deadly. not harmful. I don't know what happened to the alert. I just look for the airplane icon on the display

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MindDrive, I definitely understand you wanting the extra comfort of getting that confirmation. With the latest updates the confirmation is usually the airplane icon in the top right hand corner of the screen. Other than that change are there any issues that your phone has given you?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes