How do I use basic visual voicemail on my LG G4?
Grasswhole
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to activate BASIC visual voicemail on my LG G4 and it is defaulting to the pay-for advanced.  Help me please.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I use BASIC visual voicemail on my LG G4?
Grasswhole
Enthusiast - Level 2

In order to set up the free Visual Voice mail on your LG G4, you must set it up and allow Verizon to put you on your "free premium trial".  Once that is complete and working, use the settings from within the app to end the free trial.  When you do that, the phone will then offer you the free basic visual voice mail option.  Much thanks to MiiHere to helping me figure this out and I hope it helps some of you LG G4 users.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Here are the instructions for LG G3 - if the steps are the same, how far can you get in them before you encounter issues?

LG G3 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Grasswhole
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I read those and that is what I was hoping to do.  Step #2, where it says "Update and Subscriber to Basic Visual Voice Mail" (typo on instructions), does not occur and it goes straight to the pay-fer version. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Does it say advanced or premium?

0 Likes
Grasswhole
Enthusiast - Level 2

It put me into premium trial, nothing about advanced.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can unsubscribe within the app, once set up is complete. I remember it just automatically went back to basic once my 30 days were up.

0 Likes
Grasswhole
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll try that.

0 Likes
Grasswhole
Enthusiast - Level 2

In order to set up the free Visual Voice mail on your LG G4, you must set it up and allow Verizon to put you on your "free premium trial".  Once that is complete and working, use the settings from within the app to end the free trial.  When you do that, the phone will then offer you the free basic visual voice mail option.  Much thanks to MiiHere to helping me figure this out and I hope it helps some of you LG G4 users.

0 Likes