How will Verizon respond to the infamous "boot loop" issue? I have only one month left on my warranty. Any assurances you guys can provide or have you reached out to LG?
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I think this article pretty much confirms this is a serious issue that Verizon has to address.

Class-action lawsuit targets LG over legendary G4, V10 bootloop issues | Ars Technica

I know the issue is with the manufacturing of the device (LG) but will Verizon do anything to provide assurances to the owners of these devices? My warranty is up in about a month just got my replacement a few days ago and I am not sure what options I will have if this device in just a few months time like my previous device.

Will Verizon do anything to make it right for us now or when REPLACEMENT devices also freeze, boot loop, or dies permanently again?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How will Verizon respond to the infamous "boot loop" issue? I have only one month left on my warranty. Any assurances you guys can provide or have you reached out to LG?
mama23dogs
Legend

Your warranty was NEVER with Verizon, always with LG.  Verizon has an agreement with each manufacturer and will provide warranty replacements they have available, either the same model or the nearest in specs. 

If your lucky, it will be another brand, more likely a G5 if no G4 are available. 

0 Likes
Re: How will Verizon respond to the infamous "boot loop" issue? I have only one month left on my warranty. Any assurances you guys can provide or have you reached out to LG?
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I suspected this, they replaced my phone with another G4 (refurbished). But just trying to clarify the process before I go knocking on LG's door next.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon, ATT and other carriers are washing their hands and sticking with the warranty.  I suggest you pound on LG's door and once paid off, buy another brand.  LG needs to earn back trust, so does Samsung. 

0 Likes