I'd like to download a doc or xls type file directly from my computer to my new LG G3. Do NOT want to route it via the 'net or Google Drive!
deuce2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could do this with my Samsung Galaxy S4, but can't figure it on the LG G3

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I'd like to download a doc or xls type file directly from my computer to my new LG G3.  Do NOT want to route it via the 'net or Google Drive!
Snn5
Legend

You can use bluetooth, or Super Beam (play store app for direct wifi) or a USB cable, email, mms, all kinds of ways.

0 Likes
Re: I'd like to download a doc or xls type file directly from my computer to my new LG G3.  Do NOT want to route it via the 'net or Google Drive!
deuce2
Enthusiast - Level 2

How with the cable?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Just plug your USB cable into your phone and then into the PC.  You would see it just like you would a flash drive or memory card.  You can interact with it the same way and drag and drop files directly into the folder you want.  The phone would be listed under My Computer or This PC or similar.  The phone might ask you what you want to do when you plug it in, such as charge only, modem, mass storage, etc....choose mass storage.

0 Likes
deuce2
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK - but now I want to upload into Quick Memo from the internal storage the files.  There's an Import mechanism, but it doesn't seem to be connected to Internal Storage......

Advice?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Because Google Docs can open docs and Google Sheets can open Excel files.  Quick memo is basically just a proprietary format with LG.

0 Likes