Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I have moved everyting the phone would let me to the sd card but it still says not enough storage to install latest update the sd card is not even 1/4 of the way full any suggestions
rmiller103

I have moved everything my lg g3 would let me move to the sd card but it still says storage space too low to install latest update and the card is less then 1/4 full. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have moved everyting the phone would let me to the sd card but it still says not enough storage to install latest update the sd card is not even 1/4 of the way full any suggestions
Snn5
Sr. Leader

The SD card has nothing to do with updates.  Updates require enough INTERNAL space to work.  You will need to uninstall some apps and reinstall later.  The Internal memory is split into 2 parts.  1 is for system files and apps (this is the area that needs more space) and then there is the area for files, documents, videos, pictures.  The apps are the area you should clean up first, then, if need be, the other media files.  Most updates are 1GB average so, you don't have to have much space.  Also, going into the Settings menu then to Storage and tapping on Cache to clear it out might help.

0 Likes