I have updated my LG G3 to Marshmallow. Since this update, I am not seeing some notifications while on WiFi. If I turn off Wifi, the notifications will arrive.
Jecf
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure how to exactly explain the issue.  It seems like while on WIFI some syncing or the receipt of push notifications is not happening properly.  This is most noticeable to me with a application called SharpTools.  This app subscribes to SmartThings changes via an API.  I have noticed that while on Wifi, I am not receiving these updates.  However, If I turn off Wifi, everything is working properly.

It is very easy for me to replicate the issue, So I am sure it is a bug in the Android Marshmallow update.   I can confirm that Wifi is working fine by going into Youtube.  I can then force a change that should be picked up via SharpTools and the Smartthings API.  However, with WIFI on, these updates are not received.  If I turn off Wifi, then everything seems normal.

This issue seems very similar to the issue we had with the Lollipop update.  In that case, I had to keep Wifi turned off for several months until it was fixed with another patch. 

Is there another place where I can report this type of issue in order to make sure that it is fixed?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I have updated my LG G3 to Marshmallow. Since this update, I am not seeing some notifications while on WiFi. If I turn off Wifi, the notifications will arrive.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jecf, thank you so much for reaching out to us. I want to make sure that you're able to get all the notifications that you expect on your phone. Are you having the issues with just this one application? There could always be a compatibility issues with the apps and new software updates as well. Can you check in the Google Play Store to make sure that there are no updates for the applications, since the download of the new Software took place.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes