I noticed that my phone is constantly searching for wi-fi networks even though it is connected to my network. Is there a way to stop this or is it normal for this phone?
Danogrz

I noticed that my LG3 is constantly searching for WI-FI networks even though it is connected to my home network. Is this normal or is there a way to turn that feature off?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I noticed that my phone is constantly searching for wi-fi networks even though it is connected to my network. Is there a way to stop this or is it normal for this phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danogrz,

I want to help answer you question and stop your phone from constantly searching for Wi-Fi.  Once your phone finds a secure Wi-Fi connection it should no longer continue to search.  Are you only have this issue at home? Do you typicall turn off your mobile data prior to connecting to Wi-Fi?

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I noticed that my phone is constantly searching for wi-fi networks even though it is connected to my network. Is there a way to stop this or is it normal for this phone?
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

Check to make sure in your advanced wifi settings that Wifi Notifications is turned off and the Allow Wi-fi scanning is off.

0 Likes
Danogrz

To YareliM_VZW, I don't turn off my mobile data before connecting to wifi. This issue happens on all wifi connections. I took the phone to a local Verizon store and the person I talked with told me this is normal for this type of phone and that certain other models also do this.

To krusej23, I tried turning off both settings as you suggested but it didn't stop the phone from searching.

Thank you both for your help. Guess I have to live with it until I get a new phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those helpful details. It is strange that this is happening even after you turned off the wifi scanning. When you turned off wifi scanning, did you restart the phone? Do you have auto connect disabled?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How do you know it is searching for a network?  What error or visual cue do you see?  My G2 is set to auto scan, but I never see evidence of that unless I am in a public area and an app needs data, and then I am asked to connect to a network.  Also, on public WiFi, you usually need to open the browser to sign in, that is unless Trusted Connections and Saved Passwords options do not come on screen.

0 Likes