I recently bought an LG G5 and saw that it should have a Smart Settings.
Horeselover66
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't find Smart Settings on my new LG G5.  According to several blogs, they should be available and act similar to IFTTT for some things, but my phone doesn't have the settings. (see this article: 5 tips to get the most out of the LG G5 - CNET) I've turned on Smart Bulletin which is a prerequisite.  Did Verizon remove them?  If so why?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I recently bought an LG G5 and saw that it should have a Smart Settings.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be happy with your device and your service, Horeselover66. We would be lost if you left our family. Are you within the 14 day worry free guarantee? I did research this issue for you and LG states that “We have verified that Smart Settings is not supported by this device and the default home screen is always the left one. This is working as designed and has been approved by Verizon Wireless”. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Please keep in mind that those applications can always be brought back with a software update.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it might be for an older or newer operating system than you have.

did you look in the phone manual??

0 Likes
jpirrung

ME TOO.  It apparently is not available on VERIZON!   Dissapointed.  Does anyone know how to change ringtones and sound notifications on each app? I can only change two ringtones.  Not happy about this.  None of the settings look the same as in the instructions on my phone.

0 Likes
Horeselover66
Enthusiast - Level 2

LG Manual that shows the settings?  Yeah.  Apparently VZW has removed Smart Settings and My Place.  Why?  Who the heck knows what VZW thinks.  Wish they would leave things OEM rather than removing good stuff and adding [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] .

Klue
Master - Level 1

I looked at T-Mobile's S7 users manual and Smart Settings is also missing.

0 Likes
Horeselover66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smart Settings is an LG only feature, except on Verizon network.  Found something else missing from my G5, Air Drive. This is also an LG only feature.  I don't remember bumping into this with my Samsung phones and Verizon.  Verizon seems to strip out all the cool features from some OEM's and not others.  Wonder if they think users will not use the features, or if they plan on trying to sell us on thier own paid versions.

Missing:

Smart Settings

My Place

Air Drive

What else Verizon?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Horselover66, I understand this is important for you and he have verified that Smart Settings is not supported by this device at this moment. This is working as designed and has been approved by Verizon Wireless.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

jpirrung wrote:

ME TOO.  It apparently is not available on VERIZON!   Dissapointed.  Does anyone know how to change ringtones and sound notifications on each app? I can only change two ringtones.  Not happy about this.  None of the settings look the same as in the instructions on my phone.

To change the notifications for an app, go to the app and open up the settings. The phone settings don't control the apps. This is done in each app. If you can't change the notification sound then the app developer (not Verizon) has made it that way.

0 Likes
Horeselover66
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, it is not working 'as designed'.  LG included these features, other carriers kept these features, Verizon removed them for some bizarre, unknown, unexplained reason and sees fit to tell customers 'it is as designed'.

Here is an example of some US company believing that it has the right to change and modify features built into a device and foist it on an unsuspecting client/customer.  These features are in the LG handbook for this phone. Verizon removed them.  WHY?!?!?!?  Don't give me some pathetic, 'That's the way it is' answer. FIND THE [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] REASON AND REPORT IT!

Dear God the corporate [removed] and chutzpah!

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Using profanity is against TOS.

Verizon has long been known to remove features from devices prior to consumers purchasing them. This is nothing new. A lot of the time the removed features/settings are far more complicated than the average user needs to have access to or understands. It doesn't seem like that is the case here but I remember when they tried something like this on some Motorola devices and it didn't go over too well.

It simply is what Verizon does.

0 Likes