If I swap the sim card from an LG G2 to an LG G3, will the LG G3 then show all text messages, contacts, etc that were on the LG G2?
redcinFL

I have an active LG G2 and an active LG G3.  We want to swap phones, but not lose any data, texts, contacts, pictures etc.  We would both do a cloud backup first.  Will swapping the cards (and any storage cards) end up not losing anything previously on the LG G2?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I swap the sim card from an LG G2 to an LG G3, will the LG G3 then show all text messages, contacts, etc that were on the LG G2?
mama23dogs
Legend

Text messages and call logs will not transfer with SIM card.  If you have to pick what to backup to Verizon cloud, these items are it.

But a lot of other information can be moved over without backup To Verizon cloud.

YOur Google account will have all your apps.  You can back up app data to google, or transfer information afterwards, as the old phone will have wifi.

Pictures can be moved with SD card if you have one installed, or use Dropbox or NFC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: If I swap the sim card from an LG G2 to an LG G3, will the LG G3 then show all text messages, contacts, etc that were on the LG G2?
mama23dogs
Legend

Text messages and call logs will not transfer with SIM card.  If you have to pick what to backup to Verizon cloud, these items are it.

But a lot of other information can be moved over without backup To Verizon cloud.

YOur Google account will have all your apps.  You can back up app data to google, or transfer information afterwards, as the old phone will have wifi.

Pictures can be moved with SD card if you have one installed, or use Dropbox or NFC.

0 Likes
redcinFL

Thank you!  I was also told that Verizon customer service can do this via a phone call... but I assume it would still involve swapping the sim cards.  Do you agree?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

As long as the card is the same size, yes.

I swap between Note 3 and GS3, which have same SIM card size.  Wifi can sync a lot of data.

you are very welcome.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sometimes, to get a SIM to activate you have to contact Verizon, but the SIM from the G2 should just straight swap to the G3.  Your contacts, apps, and network data should still be in Google in your G account.

0 Likes