Incoming calls change volume from vibrate to one notch above after Andriod 6.0 (Marshmallow) OTA update
cbj4074

Ever since accepting the OTA that upgraded my G4 to build MRA58K, I've been experiencing two problems that are incredibly frustrating.

First, and most annoying, is the fact that when I have the volume mode set to Vibrate, whenever a call is incoming, the ringer volume is turned up automatically! The volume slider looks to be moved about two notches up from Vibrate. This is a deal-breaker! Due to this behavior, I can no longer silence my phone during a meeting, in a movie theater, or anywhere else that demands silence. Now, I must power-off my phone in such scenarios, which is getting old incredibly quickly.

Second, the green notification LED no longer illuminates when I have, for example, a text message that is pending review. This is nearly as annoying as the first issue. Due to this behavior, I find myself having to power-on the screen frequently throughout the day, to check and see if I've missed a text. This reduces my phone's battery life considerably.

I'm shocked at the lack of information available regarding these issues that were introduced with the Marshmallow upgrade for this phone.

Maybe the issues plague the Verizon model only (VS986), but that would surprise me.

It's inexcusable for Verizon to push-out this update with such serious flaws. Verizon couldn't possibly have tested this software because a single day's use for Average Joe would have revealed these glaringly-obvious problems.

What am I supposed to do now? Shut my phone off several times a day until a new OTA is pushed-out in six months? Rubbish. Absolute rubbish.

Labels (2)
0 Likes